SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Glock 19M
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Glock 19M Login/Join 
Picture of Sig M11
posted
All I have to say is...

They did an OUTSTANDING job with this pistol.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Curious....how’d you get ahold of a 19M?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

My Outfit issues them and we can purchase directly from the company.

They do make a stop just down the road (VA 619) from you...before you get to shoot it.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’m familiar with the stop you’re referring to....spent some time there once upon a time.....

Very cool...I love my gen 5s..I’d love to get my hands on a 19M just for completeness sake

quote:
Originally posted by Sig M11:
quote:

They do make a stop just down the road (VA 619) from you...before you get to shoot it.

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm a big fan of my Gen 5 G19.

As far as I can tell, with the exception of the markings, factory extended controls, and nDLC coated internals, the M and Gen 5 are otherwise identical.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yeah, I'm a big fan of my Gen 5 G19.

As far as I can tell, with the exception of the markings, factory extended controls, and nDLC coated internals, the 19M and Gen 5 are otherwise identical.

So I went shooting this past week to get to 500 rounds...

I don't normally carry a pistol unless I have 500 good rounds through it.

The trigger reset the first hundred rounds was a little...scratchy as the connector smoothed out.

By 300 rounds...the trigger reset went right back to the break point.

I don't think the Gen 5 triggers (maybe because of the internal coating) get that good...that soon.

I say that because a Gen 5 guy stopped me afterward and we compared trigger pulls...it wasn't even close.

posted Hide Post
I’ve got several thousand rounds through several different gen 5s, and you can definitely tell the difference between the newer and more used guns

Regardless, the gen 5 trigger and reset is a huge improvement to me over the stock previous generations

The 34 is even better

I’m now in the process of breaking in my 19X and 26

Very pleased

Very, very pleased

——————————————————

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What holster did your agency go with?

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bkc2a:
quote:
quote:

What holster did your agency go with?

I want to say Safariland...

Not sure. I have not been issued one...Yet.

This one is mine.

I got a DeSantis Speed Scabbard (Tan)

Like I always do.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They reportedly chose the Safariland 7378 ALS holster.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Is this based on the Gen5 platform? Does it have the cutout on the front strap?

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
They reportedly chose the Safariland 7378 ALS holster.

That looks right.

There is only one New Agent around with an M.

A few other have been issued them, but not sure if they are telling those folks to just use their old Glock 22/23 holsters.

[The problem with that is the Ambi Slide Stop]

Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:

It is a Gen 5, with some extras...

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:

Other way around. The Gen 5s are based on these M models.

The FBI's search for a new 9mm pistol led to the development and adoption of the G17M and G19M models, which were later released to the public as the Gen 5 (though the Gen 5s are missing a couple of the features of the M models, as I mentioned in my first post).

Just like the Gen 5s, the Ms have no finger grooves and a half-circle cutout on the front of the grip.

While the Gen 5s are available to anyone, the G17M and G19M are currently only available to law enforcement agencies. They're not available for sale to the public, or even for private purchase by individual officers. Most of the federal law enforcement agencies are piggybacking off the FBI's contract for G17Ms and G19Ms.

quote:
A few other have been issued them, but not sure if they are telling those folks to just use their old Glock 22/23 holsters.

[The problem with that is the Ambi Slide Stop]

Gen 5s and Ms will reportedly work in most holsters for older Glocks.

My Gen 5 G19 fits just fine in nearly all of the holsters I've tried. It only had trouble with one tightly-molded kydex holster.

My agency is getting a batch of Gen 5 G17s, and I got to handle one of the first ones we got last week. It likewise fit in every holster we tried, including several different Safariland holsters.

I found the Gen 5s to be a bit more snug than the Gen 4s when used in the non-Gen 5-specific holsters, but they don't bind up or anything. (Except that one kydex holster, which was unreasonably tight.)

Interestingly, it's actually not the ambi slide lock that seems to be the main source of most of the scattered fit issues with some holsters. Rather, the dimensions towards the front of the frame were slightly tweaked, due to the changes in barrel lockup and recoil assembly. This extra bit of thickness at the muzzle end is reportedly what causes some holsters not to work.

Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for October to get here.

I was finally ordained into our Department's Firearms Training Unit.

We have been carrying Glock 23s since about 1996; upgrade from the S&W 66 .357 revolver. When I came on we had Gen3 and retired those for Gen4.

We in the FTU have successfully convinced the Chief to go to 9mm AND dump the compact for full-size. There was talk initially of the 19X but we settled on the 17 Gen5. The 17 has always been my favorite Glock. I'm stoked.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying a G19 Gen 5 for a couple of weeks now. I added Trij HD XR sights and am really enjoying them. (Also bought a 19X but Im waiting for that to come in...).

I went 9mm over a year ago with a 17 and 19 Gen 4 and my department is now heading the way.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:
I was finally ordained into our Department's Firearms Training Unit.

Big Grin Me too. I'm headed to Firearm Instructor school in three weeks.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A luscious pistola the 19M! Really like the finish Glock treats the slide with.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does it shoot at longer distances ?
Not trying to be a jerk but 5 yards is kind of lame .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post