Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LCP2 Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Mags are interchangeable but original mags will not lock the LCP2 slide back on empty.

Its slightly larger than the original gun. This is most noticeable in the grip. It feels a lot better in my hand when shooting, but honestly I prefer the flatness of the original. Don't misunderstand, its still a tiny gun. The grip is just a bit thicker.

I have both and overall I prefer the new model.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my first LCP in 2009 and now have 990 rounds on it. I never thought it would last that long and picked up two additional Is for about $200 (they're now $170 at PSA).

I carry the I with 990 rds (I shoot a few mags thru it every few months) with two more Is in the safe. When #3 breaks (10+ years from now...), THEN I'll get a II!!

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I'm usually a big fan of Ruger's new offerings when they come out- I feel they really listen to and respond well to their customer base.

But the LCP2 did not appeal to me at all. I have carried them since they came out- first the original and then switched to the "gen 2" version with the shorter trigger.

The larger overall size and additional trigger safety made no sense to me. I have dry-fired several of the new ones and the triggers all seem very heavy to me- unlike what others report to be a much-improved feel.

I will hold onto my 2 "gen 2's" as I am very pleased with them. I don't plan on making a change.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I daily carried an LCP2 for about a year but it was replaced by the new Springfield 911 about two months ago.

One thing I didn’t like about the LCP2 was, unless I was absolutely perfect, I’d accidentally hit the magazine release when shooting it. I practiced enough to make this uncommon, but it still happened.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one last year as an impulse buy, but sold it recently. Replaced it for pocket carry with the Kahr P380 I've had for several years.

I found the P380 smaller in size with a smoother trigger pull than the LCP2.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've looked at the LCPII. I have the LCP, which I bought because it was too cheap not to, at Palmetto. I haven't spent a lot of time with it thus far.

The LCP was a copy of the Keltec P3AT, which was absolute trash, and came with a maximum life expectancy of "up to" 6,000 rounds. I don't think Ruger places anything like that on the LCP, which appears to be better made, and constructed of better materials. The LCPII appears to have improved on that.

It might make an okay last-ditch pistol, but I don't think I'd use it for anything else.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I have the original LCP as a BUG. Is the II well worth buying to replace it? I have never fired the II model. Are the mags interchangeable?

I've owned both, but prefer the original LCP for pocket carry. I'm just more comfortable with the longer trigger pull.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
After buying the 2 I sold my lcp. Bigger grip was better in my large hands. Nicer trigger and sights!! I rarely carry it though. I am sticking with the 9mm in my 320's

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post