SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    West German stainless 226
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West German stainless 226 Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
It "could" be an all stainless 226 if it was made in the U.S. Some people think all Sigs are German.

Yes, but not in this case, a West German KA (1990) gun.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I had an old P226 police trade in marked KA that I regret selling. Im pretty sure it was KA with all the proof marks. West German with nearly dead night sights. Very dim. That thing had good wear but the trigger was really smooth and light. It was a tack driver. I purchased it around the time I joined the forum and in those days I paid a little less than $500 for it. Today, I wouldnt pay any more than $400 or so for a KA proofed P226. It was in 9mm BTW. I miss that one.

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no stainless slide before 1993-1994. The first stainless slide model was the p229. The milled slide was developped for the 40S&W and the 357 Sig. Circa 1996 the 226 came on the market with the stainless slide. A 1990 P226 with the Duotone finish is a carbone slide with a Nickel finish, there was a model with the frame and the slide with a nickel finish.
The milled stainless slide are all done in the USA since the beginning and send to germany.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post