SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    West German stainless 226
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West German stainless 226 Login/Join 
posted
Hi all I have a question I was at my local place today and they had a West German 226 KA date in stainless I never saw one of these .the gun wasn't priced yet because the owner isn't back untill Wednesday so my question is how expensive should I expect this to be ?? It is in really good shape thanks in advance. Stephen

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
There is no such thing as a stainless steel West German P226. If it is silver, it is nickel plated. Be careful as it is easy to get fooled.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What Gary said. If there is anything you can be certain about, it's that there are no stainless West German SIGs in existence. Never was.

If seller tells you it's stainless, it's likely that they simply don't know it's really a Nickel plated gun.

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh ok I asked if it was a nickel finish and they told me it was stainless . So they did make it in nickel? I don't know. my west Germans are all black that's why I was interested in this . Thanks

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
To be worth anything, you need to find out if it is factory nickel plated or some after market job.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took the serial number would sig be able to tell me if they don't have the original box and if it is factory nickel what should I be expecting as a price . I read a blog where someone said on sold on gun broker for 2600 .

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
No P226 is likely to ever sell for $2,600, much less one that has been fired and without box and papers. Maybe a one of a kind prototype or something.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SMG6702:
I took the serial number would sig be able to tell me if they don't have the original box and if it is factory nickel what should I be expecting as a price . I read a blog where someone said on sold on gun broker for 2600 .

$2600 is pretty steep, but to the right collector that might be achievable, if it is original, has box/paperwork/test target ect. But that would be the exception.

Some people have had luck with Sig CS giving them info on old German Sigs, but most have not. Pretty much, to verify it is a factory nickel gun, you need the original box that has the correct stamps on it.

quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
No P226 is likely to ever sell for $2,600, much less one that has been fired and without box and papers. Maybe a one of a kind prototype or something.

Eh, $2600 might be steep, but to the right collector, not out of the realm of possibility. I had a full nickel P226 w/matching box, paperwork, test target that sold $2445 within a short time. But I readily admit my timing was good.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Firearm market in general is very soft, and has been for a while. Great for buyers. Not so great for sellers. For SIG in particular, even the so-called collectible ones, like the factory confirmed all Nickel ones, have crashed. NIB P228 Ni barely cracked the 2k mark, when a few years back, it would have fetched 5k easily. And no one touched the used ones in excellent condition at less than 2k, now.

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
When you can go on broker and find a Sig 229 .40 in great condition for LESS than a Glock in similar condition, it’s a little crazy.

Op, if you could post a couple of pics of the nickel Sig, I’ll bet a large cup of coffee that 12131 could figure out if it’s real or not Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^
When you can go on broker and find a Sig 229 .40 in great condition for LESS than a Glock in similar condition, it’s a little crazy.

How about a mint condition never fired very early ('92) P229 .40 complete with everything that was sold for a song? Eek

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/842571070

Q

Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^

How about a mint condition never fired very early ('92) P229 .40 complete with everything that was sold for a song? Eek

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/842571070

Holy wow! Takes me back to the good years in a gun shop. Sig pricing really hasn't changed all that much over the years. My 94 two tone 226 was $799 and that was a decent deal off the shelf price at the time.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
OMG, someone got a great P-229 for a very reasonable price, IMO.

sorry for the thread drift.

Now, back to this thread.

$2,600 for a P-226? Heck of a sales job.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help I will find out on Wednesday what he's asking I'll keep you all posted thanks again

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
If it’s just the slide, it could have had the finish stripped and buffed.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This slide would be a folded carbon slide. That's not a realistic possibility.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eh, $2600 might be steep, but to the right collector, not out of the realm of possibility. I had a full nickel P226 w/matching box, paperwork, test target that sold $2445 within a short time. But I readily admit my timing was good.

Seriously, I didn't know they could go that high. P228s, yeah, because they aren't produced anymore (and they are just better). Do you have some pictures/details can you share? It must have been a really nice gun.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$2600 for a Stainless P226, I might have one or 2 I could sell for $300 less than that:-)

Seriously, both the stainless and nickle P226's are wonderful pistols, but maybe $600-$1200 depending on condition and accessories that come with it.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok spoke with the owner they want 899 no box

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
It "could" be an all stainless 226 if it was made in the U.S. Some people think all Sigs are German.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post