SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ya Know Revolvers Really Scratch My Itch....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ya Know Revolvers Really Scratch My Itch.... Login/Join 
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Colt SAA's is either an R8 or TRR8 or some custom variation of that is my guess.
Actually it is a Factory original two tone TRR8. 130 or 160 of these were made in 2007. I can not recall the exact number.

There was also a Pinto 627 that was manufactured in 2004 with similar production numbers. I replaced the factory supplied grips with an old set of factory combats

I think I would have preferred if the cylinder was fluted on this 627. The sights have been changed out to the LPA fiber optic front and rears, and the factory supplied grips on this one were replaced with a set of JM style grips. I have a second cylinder for this one chambered in 9x23 Winchester. This allows it to also safely chamber and fire 38 SUPER, 38ACP, 356TSW, 9x21, 9MM Parrabellum, 380ACP and others

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! So which one do you like better?

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W model 29-3 8in. Model 629-6 6in. Model 686 plus pro series 5 inch. Awesomeness. Ahrends grips on last two. Just got into shooting about 18mo ago. Started with revolvers, 686. Also have p229 and 227. Nice pics guys.

Posts: 31 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kalford:
Because buying "enough" magazines is cost enough to buy another revolver

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
After many years of searching, here's an 18-3.

An s&w 65-5 Ladysmith w/o the ladysmith on the side plate.

696 ND

Just a couple for now.

Revolvers are the hot ticket for me too.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
There's something about a magnum revolver.

I took my Smith and Wesson M29 .44 Magnum up to my uncle's hunting cabin. He took one look at it and said "Behind that, you don't have to fear anything."

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There sure are some pretty revolvers in this thread. I need to start reloading because shooting .38/.357 is expensive especially compared with 9mm.
I love the clean lines of my Model 10-5 with the pencil barrel and my 3" 13 and 65. My Detective Specials are fun to shoot and beautiful.I'll post pics later.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Let see if I can dig up some photos of my favorite revolvers:

Model 19 4" with presentation grips

Second year Colt Diamondback snubbie

Model 686 Snubbie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: got2hav1,

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perrinyanna:
On my wishlist now for quite some time is a S&W 625 JM edition as I would love to have a revolver that uses full moon clips..

Mine too!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
How about some Pythons, 1963 (first year) snub and 1978 4"

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
It's been four hours already, I'm going to the emergency room.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Took me a second but that's funny.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I like my Talo 686+ so much I bought another one.
Sent the new off to S&W for a polish and Master Revolver Action Package.

One goes to my future SIL, the other will be given to my son, eventually.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post