SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ya Know Revolvers Really Scratch My Itch....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ya Know Revolvers Really Scratch My Itch.... Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I am not a old curmudgeon. I am a fairly young curmudgeon actually. I have a ton of guns and even though I spend a lot of time shooting my tactical Tupperware defensive stuff there is just something about my revolvers that always scratch my itch.

If you were to pin me down I would say revolvers are my favorite firearms. They just look good, are so mechanical in nature and are just a joy to shoot especially.........

......When I am getting over a REALLY painful case of tennis elbow and haven't really even been able to dry fire it hurt so much. Today I decided to take a couple heavy big ole' revolvers out and run some powder puff 130 grain .38 to sort of ease back into it and.......

Did I mention revolvers just scratch my itch and make me smile. Big Grin

That is all I just wanted to share. My life isn't all ninjas and North Koreans at the door. Big Grin

I resisted the urge to film a video and fling them across the room to see if they went off. It was tough by I muddled through. Wink Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
Those are some mighty fine itch scratchers. Very nice indeed. Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Plus it's nice not to have to chase brass sometimes. You've made me want to take a couple of my revolvers out for a spin! (Pun intended).

Hope your tennis elbow is gone!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im not a Ruger fan, but that Smith just hit that scratch and took care of it...LOL....Nice looking revolvers you have...I am a huge fan of revolvers, especially Smiths

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Those grips on the GP sure make it stand out. Big fan of revolvers myself.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Where did you get those grips, and how are they with Magnum loads???

I have a blued 586 and did not enjoy the factory wood stocks. They looked good but were not the least comfortable shooting magnums.

I've got some finger grooved rubber Hogues on there and now it's very shootable with magnums, but the look just seems blasphemous.

Your grips look like just the ticket.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are nice.

I could probaby just do revolvers and be done with things, pistol wise. Maybe a Sig P22X for work, but man, revolvers are definitely growing on me as time goes by. Just something about them...kinda like driving a stick-shift.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The barrels on those purdy wheelguns are certainly long enough to scratch your back! Revolvers are both effective & relevant. If you shoot them well, they instill confidence and remove the security & need of high capacity pistols. I tote my SP101 from time to time and I find time during each range session to run some 357 magnum & +P downrange.

I remember when I was breaking in, all the so called old timers carried wheel guns and preached to the kids that you'll be mature shooters when you're comfortable with just six rounds Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Just cleaned my 66-3 4" after seeing this thread. I bought it used and the rear sight has always been kind dinged up so I ordered a replacement leaf and parts to fix it up.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Funny thing is those are my HUGE revolvers. The vast majority of the others have 3 inch or less barrels except for a 4 inch 586, 66 and 17.

The grips are Badger grips and do great with Magnum loads but they are slick so will allow a little roll in your hand. I have badgers on my 586 and SP101 as well.

Oh and just a quick shout out to Badger. He does great work and if you are not happy in any way he is a breeze to return to and stands by his work. I had one issue one time and he was completely pleasant and happy to take care of me even though I decided to go with VZs for that particular application. I will buy from him again.

My 586 is a Square butt and can be seen here with maple Badgers but now wears the walnuts the Smith 17 is wearing at the bottom.

And yes revolvers are exactly like driving a manual transmission. If you are like me who doesn't "train for a fight" or doesn't necessarily see his guns as tools for trade or task so to speak, there is just a simple pleasure with shooting different platforms and for me revolvers especially. Not to take away from those who train to fight for job or defense or whatever, being able to run a particular pistol at a high level is very much a martial art. But for me they are all an enjoyable hobby and the LAST thing I ever want is to use them in anger/defense or kick doors in for a living etc. and besides I have my tactical little girl scream to distract them as I run away. Smile

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I love revolver threads.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
My Magnums.

My 19-3 (P&R) on the left and my 19-5 on the right.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
cslinger,
Great start on your double action revolvers.

I am also a big wheel gun fan. Especially these newer Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum eight shooters

I have grown quite fond of them in all barrel lenghts

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ummm yeah. That's not the start. But I can stop at anytime. Wink

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have an idle lust for a Smolt... maybe someday...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I love revolver threads.

Truth ! ! ! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful revolvers.

Held a Ruger GP100 Match Champion today for the first time...vastly preferred that grip over the Hogue on the stock GP100, but did not like the Match Champion's front sight. Easy fix, though.

What the heck is going on with that S&W Performance Center 8-shot? I'm going to have to read up on that one.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Colt SAA's is either an R8 or TRR8 or some custom variation of that is my guess.

Mine is a 5 inch 627 PC. I also have its little brother in 2.5 inch. Both are fantastic.

legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
My favorite range gun, S&W Model 617,.22 LR, 10 shots.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also a revolver lover and I love that i dont have to look around for casings on the ground! i have Ruger GP-100 and a S&W 642...On my wishlist now for quite some time is a S&W 625 JM edition as I would love to have a revolver that uses full moon clips..

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post