SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Am I missing anything (in the striker fired world)?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I missing anything (in the striker fired world)? Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
You already own many of the very best striker fired pistols. If you want to buy something different for fun go for it but you probably will be disappointed if you think you are going to find something markedly better than what you already have.

I have not bought a double stack striker fired pistol since the HK VP9 came out. Luckily my LGS has a big factory event every year where I can try out just about anything for just the cost of the ammo. Though there are a lot of excellent striker fired pistol these days, so far nothing as tempted my beyond my Glock 19, Walther PPQ, or HK VP9 with the exception of the Glock 45. I love my Gen 2 Glock 19 and the Glock 45 really interests me.

Good luck in your quest.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I have always loved the Caracal. I liked the C best, but the new EF with the 18+1 mags and super low bore axis. It doesnt offer much of anything “new” vs any other gun per se, but its a fun gun.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
And the XDM is very underwhelming.

Quoted for absolute truth.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P7 and Kahr K9.

You'll like the aacuracy.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
HK P7 and Kahr K9.

You'll like the aacuracy.

^^^^^^^^^
Except a Kahr will have a trigger worse than just about anything.

How about a Beretta Nano? Ever since I got the updated ejector mine has been flawless. I CCW it daily. Great little gun, accurate and quite inexpensive and it’s trigger is better than a Kahr’s IMHO.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lugers are striker fired. Just sayin.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
365 and Glock model 45,

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the CZ P10!

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcop143
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone! Thanks for all the input, lots of great ideas. Steyr seems like the most recommended, and I’m down with that. I actually used to own a first gen compact many, many years ago. 5.7 was also mentioned, another of which used to reside in the safe. Very cool gun in my opinion, but I sold it off as I was trying to consolidate ammo calibers. Plus it was expensive to shoot with worthwhile ammo. I am working on a P7 as we speak, which would be a replacement for one I sold to raise cash for the purchase of a home. Good grief those things are spendy these days!

soggy’s 10mm suggestion is very intriguing. I don’t own a 10 of any type, so that may be a possibility as well. Even though I’m in the “wait and see” camp, I also like the idea of a P365. Run it as a range toy until I feel comfortable enough to add it to the carry rotation. You all have given me some sound options to look into, so keep them coming. I love to hear about your ideas and experiences.

Posts: 103 | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Steyr! Steyr! Steyr! They may be the most affordable of the quality-built options, and you'll really notice a difference between current production and the pistol you had.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Steyr! Steyr! Steyr! They may be the most affordable of the quality-built options, and you'll really notice a difference between current production and the pistol you had.

This. My first Steyr was an M9, solid gun but nothing spectacular. The newest versions, manufactured post 2012 or so (make sure it is a Steyr Arms USA import with a pin under the rear sight, there are some CDNN grey market frankguns that are a mishmash of old and new). Anyway, the newest ones are a dream to shoot. Point your index finger where you want to shoot, and the gun is naturally aimed right at that space.

And that trigger...

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Walther P99 AS 9mm fullsize. FANTASTIC! I like it even better than my once favorite PPQ. Nice having both though.....

And definitely try and shoot a HK P7 PSP. I dont ever see selling either of the above named gems.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fusternc,

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
There are some aftermarket parts to make the Steyr that much better IMHO:
- DPMS combination recoil spring / guide rod system
- Ranger Point Precision internal frame brass weight
- Grip plug from BT Guide Rods
- Leather grips from Traction Grips. They look and feel awesome!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P30 and P30SK, though hammer fired, are excellent with the Light LEM modification.

My P365 was been great in its first range session. I recomment it with the finger rest 10 round mags.

I like my CZ P10-C. They are releasing full sized and subcompact versions soon.

The S&W M&P 45 M2.0 is great. I use it with the small grip. It is accurate and handles well. You can score one right now on grabagun.com for $400ish.

The real gem is the S&W M&P 9 Compact. I am a die hard Glock 19 fan and I like this gun better. I like its steel mags and the feel of the gun with the small grip. The full sized version is good too.

Check out the Walther PPQ Q5 Match if you do not have it. It may become your favorite range gun. https://youtu.be/81DkJxtINa4

But, honestly, if you do not have a P30SK Light LEM, you are missing out. I like it better than my G19’s and even more than their replacement, the M&P 9 Compact M2.0.

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another gun to consider is the Glock 30 Gen 4. This is a very accurate gun. The accuracy is out of proportion to its cost and “Glock-ness”.

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post