SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommend metal replacement mags for P220 22LR conversion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend metal replacement mags for P220 22LR conversion? Login/Join 
Picture of adman
posted
Can anyone recommend a 3rd party replacement mag for the plastic P220 22LR conversion kit mag -- one that locks back and is metal and works reasonably well? It's for the Sig factory kit. I tried a search and couldn't find anything.

My son has a 1911 and uses one from GSG. Does this one work in the P220? I'd try it but I'd hate to mess it up.

(Wow. It's been a while since I've posted.)

Adman

"Then said (Jesus) unto them ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." --Luke 22:36 KJV
-----

Posts: 1245 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Non-existent.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adman
posted Hide Post
Well, rats. I did see a Youtube mod-post where an older gentleman bought some micro-thin stainless washers at ACE, cut them into quasi-triangles with side-cutters, filed them down to spec, and super-glued them into the mag lock insert slots on the mag to make them metal-covered surfaces. This stopped the metal-on-plastic wear and the mag also stays put too (ala, Kahr engineering Wink).

The man might be a genius.

This won't make the slide lock back, of course, but well, life is like that. Maybe Lakeline will make a follower for this.

In the meantime, best to engage the mag release every time you insert a mag to keep it from wearing quickly, rather than slamming it home. Metal against plastic = bad idea. There are still lots of these 220/22 kits out there for sale.

But I'm doing the mod -- first op ....

Adman

"Then said (Jesus) unto them ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." --Luke 22:36 KJV
-----

Posts: 1245 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Metal- no. Non existent.

Plastic, here: Plastic P220 .22 mag locks back

He will be changing the design of the mag body to make it more durable this month [he said]. After that, the bodies will only be black, but the followers can be other colors.

I'd wait for the revised body.

Shipping to USA is something like $18.50 USPS flat rate box, I think.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adman
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you.

Adman

-----