SIGforum
Recommend metal replacement mags for P220 22LR conversion?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7390094544

August 08, 2018, 01:30 PM
adman
Recommend metal replacement mags for P220 22LR conversion?
Can anyone recommend a 3rd party replacement mag for the plastic P220 22LR conversion kit mag -- one that locks back and is metal and works reasonably well? It's for the Sig factory kit. I tried a search and couldn't find anything.

My son has a 1911 and uses one from GSG. Does this one work in the P220? I'd try it but I'd hate to mess it up.

(Wow. It's been a while since I've posted.)

Adman

"Then said (Jesus) unto them ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." --Luke 22:36 KJV
-----
August 08, 2018, 02:32 PM
RHINOWSO
Non-existent.
August 08, 2018, 04:08 PM
adman
Well, rats. I did see a Youtube mod-post where an older gentleman bought some micro-thin stainless washers at ACE, cut them into quasi-triangles with side-cutters, filed them down to spec, and super-glued them into the mag lock insert slots on the mag to make them metal-covered surfaces. This stopped the metal-on-plastic wear and the mag also stays put too (ala, Kahr engineering Wink).

The man might be a genius.

This won't make the slide lock back, of course, but well, life is like that. Maybe Lakeline will make a follower for this.

In the meantime, best to engage the mag release every time you insert a mag to keep it from wearing quickly, rather than slamming it home. Metal against plastic = bad idea. There are still lots of these 220/22 kits out there for sale.

But I'm doing the mod -- first op ....

Adman

"Then said (Jesus) unto them ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." --Luke 22:36 KJV
-----
August 08, 2018, 10:45 PM
bczrx
Metal- no. Non existent.

Plastic, here: Plastic P220 .22 mag locks back

He will be changing the design of the mag body to make it more durable this month [he said]. After that, the bodies will only be black, but the followers can be other colors.

I'd wait for the revised body.

Shipping to USA is something like $18.50 USPS flat rate box, I think.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!
August 09, 2018, 08:16 AM
adman
^^^ Thank you.

Adman

-----