SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P-220 trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P-220 trigger Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a P-220R Police trade in. Mint condition, but single action-6.5# trigger, and double-9#.
Is there an inexpensive cure? Would love a 4# crisp trigger.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
A reduced power mainspring from Wolff Gunsprings will lower both your SA and DA pull. Don't go too low or you risk light primer strikes. I wonder if the police dept used a higher power mainspring (and trigger bar spring?) because 6.5 lbs is rather high.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I’ll hunt one up.

I think you’re right. A friend bought two. He says both have a very heavy pull.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
The 6.5# single action tells me the sear spring is heavy. If it were the mainspring (1) the DA would be heavier and (2) the mainspring is already fully compressed in SA mode. There is nothing to overcome but the hammer/sear engagement which is influenced by the sear spring.

Try a Gray Guns spring kit which includes a new sear spring.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post