SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I would like M&P Magpul mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I would like M&P Magpul mags Login/Join 
posted
I have good experiences with my G19 Magpul mags and would really like to see Magpul making M&P pistol mags.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Just wonder if the market would support it, personally just think wouldn’t sell very well. My duty magazines are metal and I wouldn’t switch. Even when I think of buying them for my Glocks, I just buy Glock it’s just a few dollars more 13 vs 19 per magazines.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yeah I don’t think they’d sell very well either. But I may be wrong. Magpul is one of those universal brands that seems to be able to stamp their name on a turd and sell a few hundred thousand units.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
If I recall, the material thickness of the Glock mag tubes which Magpul makes is roughly the same as the stock mag tubes.

Unless Magpul starts making metal mag tubes, the thickness of the mag tubes would by necessity have to be increased over that of the stock S&W parts.
That would reduce capacity.

Other than possibly providing a lower price point or for the reason jljones commented, I see no market for them

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Don't see why magpul should bother. M&P mags are astoundingly reliable and drop free and are inexpensive, and only work in M&Ps. Glock mags are roughly one Brazilion times more common and are used in multiple carbines etc.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post