SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365 XL 15 round mag problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 XL 15 round mag problem Login/Join 
posted
First post so be gentle!!! I purchased a Sig 365 XL and 3 15 round mags!!! Switched base plates (not me, someone that knows what they are doing)and now have a problem with the baseplate popping off when shooting!!!! Besides that, when loading them they were really hard to rack the slide!!!
Anyone know what I’m missing???? 12 round mags worked fine!!!!

Thanks!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
IMO the person to switched the base plates installed them incorrectly, or the springs are in wrong. If you "switched" base plates - it's not clear what you did there - they might be the wrong base plates.

As for racking the slide, I would think you should be able to pull the slide back with zero issue. Going into battery might be an issue if the magazines are put together incorrectly.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
If you switched the base plates that come in the Sig packaging, those baseplates can be installed without proper seating causing the plates and rounds to dump out the bottom.

Make certain the lip on the bottom of the mag body is inserted into the grove of the base plat3 on both sides.

First time I switch one out and loaded the mag, rounds dumped out the bottom

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might reconsider the sentiment “someone who knows what they’re doing” Smile

Posts: 456 | Location: Schaumburg, IL | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by person500:
I might reconsider the sentiment “someone who knows what they’re doing” Smile

Yep, this person effed it up somehow.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 19Hammer48:
I purchased a Sig 365 XL and 3 15 round mags!!! Switched base plates (not me, someone that knows what they are doing)and now have a problem with the baseplate popping off when shooting!!!!

Obviously not someone who knows what they're doing.

quote:
Originally posted by 19Hammer48:
Besides that, when loading them they were really hard to rack the slide!!!
Anyone know what I’m missing????

Yes. Sentence structure that makes sense.

"loading them they were hard to rack the slide" means what, exactly? You were attempting to rack a slide while loading rounds into a magazine?

You loaded the magazine with 15 rounds and then discovered that the slide was harder to move than without a magazine?

What are you trying to say?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd return them to stock and see how it goes. What was the reason for the switch? Either way, for all mods, when they fail I say return it to stock then see if it functions that way. I agree with the others on the baseplates not being reassembled correctly.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check the follower or the spring and see if they are backwards somehow. I'd recommend you do it not the person who worked on it before. I stopped using other people and begun doing my own stuff. Ive found I'm far happier with my own work. There's a learning curve butI know what I did so I can fix it if it goes wrong, and I'm going to actually look it up and not hope that someone else thinks they know what to do or just BS's through it. I mean this in the best way possible.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to add to the rest that the base plate is not installed correctly. The base plates on the 15 round are a little bit hard to work it compared to others that I have worked with. I have standard 365 with the 15s and had no problems with the stock base plates and just switched to the Tactical Dev base pads that fill in the back of the grip also. I will try and shoot it this week.

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: August 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As for the "hard to rack", those springs are very stiff and if you are loading 15+1 in the tube, it may bind till the springs break-in a little. Try downloading to just 14+1 and see if that doesn't work

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post