SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    buy a P230/P232 today???
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

buy a P230/P232 today??? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I creep through a big, old-time family LGS in town at least once a month. One of these days there's gonna be a blued 230 in great shape at a great price in the used cases, and it'll definitely follow me home.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
We have two of the stainless 232's. My wife and I are CHL holders and carry them most of the time. I have other Sigs I carry from time to time but the 232 in a Galco shoulder rig is my favorite IMHO.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would if I had the money to spend. I almost bought one several weeks ago at a local shop but just couldn't justify spending the money. It was a decent price on a P232. Honestly though, I prefer the P230. I've had a few P232s but sold them. They just feel cheaper to me. The P230SL is where it's at for me.

The Beretta Cheetah though...love these.

Last year I ran across four factory P230 mags for $20 each at a local store. I'd been stopping in shops for a few years searching and it finally paid off. I just happened to have a Cheetah on me that day.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
I do sometimes think that since I have owned two lightweight versions and sold them both off years ago that I should someday try the full stainless one...love the pice and thanks everyone...

I was very tempted by the stainless P232 that recently sold in the classified...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love 'em. I can carry anything, but unless I'm going to the woods hunting and trapping the P232 is on me.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Well, I saw one at a good price, so I "pulled the trigger" on this one.

Photo Dec 03, 11 50 08 AM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
...was that the one recently for sale on this Forum???...I'm glad you got one as I recall you looking for one...

I came very close to pulling the trigger myself but I think if I get one it will be the "airweight"...

Bill

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiGagain:
...was that the one recently for sale on this Forum???...I'm glad you got one as I recall you looking for one...

I came very close to pulling the trigger myself but I think if I get one it will be the "airweight"...

Bill

Bill, no, I found this one locally.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
Still glad you got one...enjoy

Bill

posted Hide Post
Yes!

Face it, you are not going to get a good and restful night's sleep until you scratch the itch.

It is known that poor sleeping habits can lead to a variety of undesirable health conditions, and you don't want to bring that upon yourself now, do you?

So for the sake of good health and better living, go out and get that P230 or P232 now!!

You have come to the wrong corner of the inter-webs if you were hoping to be talked out of saving money and not using up empty real estate in your safe!

You're welcome!!

P.S. - It's meant to be, just like the doctor ordered! Just re-listed here -

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5700076064

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I have a two-tone P232, bought it in early 2003. Crimson Trace grips.

I alternate it with my .40/9mm Shield.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned a P232 for a number of years. Although it was comfortable to carry, the frame size was too large for a small capacity .380. I also struggled with the delicate trigger bar and bar spring that is exposed and frequently disassembled when removing the slide for cleaning. A carry pistol is a self-defense machine, not a sexy movie prop. There are better options than the P232.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
I picked up a near new 1996 P230 in blue locally...the lightweight version...

Thanks again everyone,

Bill

Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife and I owned both of them at one time. No interest in one now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
In the mid-80's I bought a P230. At the time, it was considered the best .380 available. I didn't want the stainless version due to weight.

I shot it a lot, mostly my reloads, and got good with the pistol, it ran well, and I didn't feel undergunned because I practiced with it every week.

I traded it, sadly after keeping it about 3 years .Since then, even today have thought I would like to get another alloy framed P230, as I like the looks and ergonomics. But they are not cheap anymore, and I have grown used to Makarovs, and Eastern Bloc pistols.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i owned and carried a 232 several years ago, when there weren't too many similar options. very concealable, as well as accurate. eventually sold it. I always regretted selling and bought another some years ago for carry and range. at this point its more of a collection item than everyday carry, but I'd still be willing to carry it. especially witht he developments in 380 ammo. still one of the best looking pistols ever.

I'd buy another

Think of it as evolution in action

Posts: 11 | Location: Dallas | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked the 232 as it fits my hand very well. BUT, I would not buy one today. I just don't see what role it would do for me. It's way too big for it's caliber and a carry role nowadays as is the HK P7 (which I own and love). But unlike the P7, the blowback design does not make it an enjoyable gun to take to the range and shoot either. They are beautiful in S/S though.....

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I always liked the 232 as it fits my hand very well. BUT, I would not buy one today. I just don't see what role it would do for me. It's way too big for it's caliber and a carry role nowadays as is the HK P7 (which I own and love). But unlike the P7, the blowback design does not make it an enjoyable gun to take to the range and shoot either. They are beautiful in S/S though.....

There are a lot of single-stack 9mm pistols available that make the P230/232 a bit of a hard sell today. The P7s are a special one though. I finally brought myself to sell one, the standard P7, but haven't been able to sell either of my P7M8s. I like them too much.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
comparing my P230 to my P365...the balance and feel are excellent on the P230 as is the thiness of the pistol itself...

of course the P365 carries more and a stouter payload and weighs about the same but feels a bit top heavy by comparison to the P230...

I know which one I like for many reasons better but I also know which one I will likely carry more often...

Thanks for the feedback everyone...it IS appreciated...

Bill

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I had a blued P232, it was an absolutely beautiful pistol, sexy beyond all get out.

That was it's only claim to fame, I sold it.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post