SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many things can you spot wrong on this G21
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many things can you spot wrong on this G21 Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new 21X tactical edition

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Besides the NFA violation? Looks like the Sights got melted and some one through-up on it...camouflaged pattern vomit.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Besides the NFA violation? Looks like the got melted and some one through-up on it...camouflaged pattern vomit.

Yep, I reckon no AOW stamp comes with this.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You know I see this all the time and besides the crappy paint job and jacked up sights and chewed up front that foregrip is obviously an NFA violation to all of us but there are tons of Gun owners who are generally ignorant of the law especially the stupid shit.

I mean the average person probably knows full auto has to controlled or suppressors or whatever but who the hell would honestly think throwing a foregrip on a pistol would be illegal, or dropping your Glock into a Roni kit with a stock etc. etc.

Point is I am not excusing the fact that this is a violation but hopefully somebody will tactfully educate this person before they get into trouble for something this stupid.

Think about yourself as a total newb. You just got your first gun, your learning it, your having fun with it. You figure what hell let’s try something stupid like putting a grip on the rail. Would any of you who didn’t grow up around guns and NFA stuff ever think that could possibly be illegal?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7692 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The seller's phone number is missing a digit.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
We can all pat ourselves on the back for recognizing this is an NFA violation. The sad truth is that it's absolutely one of the most stupid NFA rules on the books. Brainiac? Who decided that a forward grip on a pistol should be illegal, and for what damning reason?

Posts: 17202 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
We can all pat ourselves on the back for recognizing this is an NFA violation. The sad truth is that it's absolutely one of the most stupid NFA rules on the books. Brainiac? Who decided that a forward grip on a pistol should be illegal, and for what damning reason?

The original NFA definition for a SBR was any firearm with a barrel shorter than 16” or so (this would include all “pistols”). The NRA and allies had to fight to create the definition of a pistol, excepmt from SBR laws. That definition was a firearm that was designed and intended to be fired when held in one hand (along with a couple of technical details).

That “one hand” bit is the basis for banning VFG on pistols, since that is changing the design to allow for firing with two hands.

Of course, this was in an era when firing a pistol with one hand was the de facto manner. Revolvers with their slim, early century grips were king, and thick, “double-stack magazine-well” grips were uncommon (HiPower, the most famous of early double stack designs, had not been produced yet).

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You found Cliffy's pistol!
Because >>>> You gotta be smoking dope <<<< to ask $700 for that!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, glow. I know that, and I still think it's stupid.

Posts: 17202 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
wow!! its just......silly......

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Oops. Bubba, you done did it now.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glow:
definition of a pistol, exempt from SBR laws. That definition was a firearm that was designed and intended to be fired when held in one hand (along with a couple of technical details).
this was in an era when firing a pistol with one hand was the de facto manner. Revolvers with their slim, early century grips were king, and thick, “double-stack magazine-well” grips were uncommon (HiPower, the most famous of early double stack designs, had not been produced yet).

I don't think I've ever fired a pistol one-handed, except when training for situations where that wasn't possible. Different era.

RE: the original pistol being NFA. I can easily imagine someone buying it not knowing that goofy foregrip makes it something other than just another handgun. I hope that listing is just a joke.

Posts: 15036 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gfd37-3
posted Hide Post
the biggest problem I see is that this pistol/AOW is only offered for sale here in Tennessee, I wish everyone could have a shot at owning this rare beauty!!!!

Posts: 1567 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it's a trap by ATF to catch nefarious criminals purchasers desperate for a two handled pistol supplier.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The biggest problem I see is the price.

The rest is just stupidity.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’m not saying if the ATF entraps somebody over this they shouldn’t have to pay a fine or even do some jail time, just not for the foregrip........for EVERYTHING ELSE they did though. That’s the crime. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7692 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$700?
Expensive VFG.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16118 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
$700?
Expensive VFG.

Don't forget about the "custom paint scheme" and the "battlefield pickup custom weathering" on the edges.

Posts: 32549 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post