SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43x vs Sig P365xl recoil.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43x vs Sig P365xl recoil. Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
For those of you who have both, can you tell much of a difference between the Sig P365 XL vs Glock 43X? Which one is the softer shooter? Thanks.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, the Glock seems lighter all the way around. Recoil seems less, as I seem to get a better grip which I guess gives me the perception of lighter recoil. Don't get me wrong, I like both but as much as I hate to admit it, the Glock just works better for me.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 has a wider backstrap, more surface area over which to distribute recoil. No difference in recoil, but the perception will lean toward the the Sig.

Both are easy to shoot.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I've owned a 43x and currently own several P365XL's and I believe the P365XL's are the softer shooters.

Wasn't a fan of the Glock and sold it off (even though I have other Glocks).

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not particularly fond of Glocks but I own 5, I also own a number of Sigs but for me the 43x mos that I have just hits a sweet spot for me, I honestly carry and shoot my 365xl better, not by much over the 43x but the 43x just fits my hand better, which translates to less perceived recoil for me. Not that either are terrible, I just prefer to carry the XL. Again this is all subjective, I have a lot of time on J-Frames and if today’s climate were different I’d still have a 640 strapped on me, I hate that I feel the need to have something with 10+ rounds now-a-days. I don’t think there is a wrong answer to you question, either is a superb carry weapon

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I had a G48, picked up a 365XL. After shooting both side by side, I sold the Glock. The SIG shot better for me, had less muzzle rise and was more as accurate.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Get both.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have G43 xl and 48, and a 365 made into a 365xl by using an xl upper and 12 round magazines.
For me, the G43x shoots a little softer, and feels just so great in the hand, and I like to shoot it more.
But I shoot the 365 xl noticeably better, and the 365 and 365xl are my EDC and nightstand guns. Smile

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the P365XL, sold off my Glocks afterwards.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
The 43, to me at least, has more felt recoil and carries have the rounds. Plus I had a few malfs on the first box. None since but, still... 365 feels better in my hands, carries a significant amount more rounds, is perfectly accurate and hasn't malf'd yet.

I'm different I know. Then again, over all the plastic stuff my friends carry, I'm still toting a 5" 1911 every day.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't notice much of a difference between the two, however the 365xl felt better in the hand and a bit easier to manipulate the controls.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a g43, felt smaller than the p365. Definitely snappier and I couldn't get the hang of it, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. The g48 interested me but ended up with a p365xl while looking for a p320. P365/xl gets my vote, better shooter xl or not.

I'm also an HK guy so I may just hate glocks.

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't have the P365XL, but have the original. And, also had the G43X. No doubt the P365 is the softer shooter and easier to control. I attribute this to the better grip on the SIG. The Glock tends to squirm in my hand. The SIG? Firm like sand paper.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I have the 43, 43X, and the P365 standard. The 43X shoots the best for me, but the 43 with a +1 Pearce grip rxtfnduin carries the best. Don’t know why...

I trust the Glocks - and while I should trust the P365 just as much I can’t get over the early issues they had. (Mine is a Nov ‘18 manufacture date). As a result the P365 stays in reserve in my locker.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recoil seems around the same to me but I definitely shoot the P365 better. I have since sold my 43x. Still have a 43 but prefer the P365.

Posts: 425 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
recoil on my 365 has been reduced to Zero...because i don't shoot it or carry it any longer....It has become totally unreliable.... it started with failures to extract and now is also plagued with light primer strikes....

I called sig and found that their lifetime warranty only covers Whatever but does not cover wear and tear....the rep did relent and sent me a new extractor assembly.....which had been redesigned and would not fit my 2018 gun...i did use the spring hoping that would cure the problem but it did not...FTE are still pretty common.....he did advise that if i installed it..my warranty would be voided...i could avoid that by sending my gun back along with $80 some dollars for a recondition....

As Far as the light strikes go they would not sell me a striker spring...they would only sell the striker assembly which was not available when i called.....and wolff or anybody else will sell me one...supposedly wolff makes them for sig....

So as i type this my glock 43 is back in my pocket....

D I C K

"Take a kid shooting"

Posts: 28 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me the G43X is slightly snappier than my P365s. Much like my G43 is more or less the same.

BONUS UNSOLICITED INFO: neither of them are as recoil-friendly as a M&P Shield and now the Shield+. Shot the Plus for the first time this afternoon; the changes are, simply put, great. Yeah it's a bigger profile than either of my original P365s. But with the new trigger the Plus so bloody SWEET. To me among these mini-micro-wunder-hi-cap 9s, the Shield+ is now the top dawg in this roundabout pissing match.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find them comparable, but slightly prefer the feel of the P365. The grip texture on the 43X feels like an afterthought. I have the XL grip on my 365, also, which contributes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I found the P365XL had less recoil, but the grip was too small front to back and preferred the G43X.

Shield Plus is softer than both with a better grip texture. I like it rough. Wink

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post