SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZ(s) to me (Scorpion Micro and P10F)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ(s) to me (Scorpion Micro and P10F) Login/Join 
posted
Well, new overall too. Picked up a LE Scorpion Micro setup yesterday when I went into take a look at a P10F. Wasn't going to get both, but I did. Never purchased two guns at once before. Kinda fun.

Hopefully those two guns will also be kinda fun to shoot, as I've never shot either before. Shot a P10C a couple years ago but never shot a Scorpion Micro. If only the Feds would hurry up and approve my tax stamp for my suppressor (I'm expecting that to happen sometime between the next 11 months and the next decade) then the Micro setup will be complete.

Anyway, the P10F felt better in hand than the last one I checked out in a store. Trigger and finish seemed better as well. Hoping it'll be a flat-shooting full-size range/HD pistol. Dig the luminescent sights too...not quite as good as my VP9 but better than my PX4's sights.

That Scorpion Micro is a beefy gun...seems very solid. Attempted to swap the trigger spring with a HB Industries one, but that trigger group screw was too tight and I didn't want to strip the hex head and have to drill it out. Figure I should PROBABLY at least shoot it as-is first anyway. Smile

My buddy called me a hipster due to the CZ purchases. I'm going to have to change some other things in life to either live up to it or live it down.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
You’ll love that Scorpion I know I love mine! Lots of cool mods you can do to make it much better than out of the factory.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I did the CZ twofer awhile back. A new PO7 and the Scorpion carbine. Both sweet shooters. Invest in a mag loader for the Scorpion mags if you don't already have one.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Scorpion, Lincoln. Do you find that low mount is a good option for the optic, vs. a higher mount? I’m wondering if I should go with the higher mount for the sake of ergonomics, or if I’d loose cheek weld. Then there’s the matter of co-witnessing with the irons as well, as my Micro came with the CZ iron sights.

Granted, this isn’t a scoped rifle, so perhaps cheek weld isn’t as important on PCCs? Seems like it would still matter in terms of indexing, though.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll want a single side safety. The off hand one will strike your off hand. 13 bucks. The Vortex Strikefire II is a great optic for the Scorpion. I love mine. Do you have the folding stock or a telescoping one?

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Nice Scorpion, Lincoln. Do you find that low mount is a good option for the optic, vs. a higher mount? I’m wondering if I should go with the higher mount for the sake of ergonomics, or if I’d loose cheek weld. Then there’s the matter of co-witnessing with the irons as well, as my Micro came with the CZ iron sights.

Granted, this isn’t a scoped rifle, so perhaps cheek weld isn’t as important on PCCs? Seems like it would still matter in terms of indexing, though.

Just went through the high mount/low mount issue for optics on the Scorpion. Rougejsk explains it very well.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8190025574

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
The high mount works best for me and I replaced the sights with AR sights in order to co-witness. The Micro is a great set up for the Scorpion.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks dehughes. I like the lower mount because I don’t want it too high or the offset at close range is too much to compensate for and remember. I shoot out to 100 yards though I really enjoy shooting 50 yards and in with my PCC’s so I set them up that way.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
You'll want a single side safety. The off hand one will strike your off hand. 13 bucks. The Vortex Strikefire II is a great optic for the Scorpion. I love mine. Do you have the folding stock or a telescoping one?

Folding brace. Will likely SBR this if I dig how it shoots. I can see how the ambidextrous safety levers could be a problem, so I will likely just Dremel down the right side one instead of ordering a replacement set.

Thanks to Lincoln and Last Man for the optic mounting links and suggestions. I’ll tinker with it tomorrow.

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Nice. The Scorpion is such a fun gun with lots of aftermarket support. I've also found it be one of the easiest guns to clean.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting that most of the interest here is in the Scorpion. Seems the P10F gets little love in general, I’m finding.

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
My carry gun is a P07. I’m far more interested in CZ pistols than anything made by SIG right now. The P10 is becoming very popular (there’s lots of aftermarket support). I just like a hammer fired DA/SA.

I’ve owned a number of German-made X-series guns over the years. I enjoy shooting my CZ Shadow 2 more than any of them.

I have a SIG P320 full size that’s a nice range gun, and several Classic SIGs, but the CZs get shot a lot more. No Scorpion yet, maybe down the road a bit.

Enjoy your new CZs!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Cz P10c & P10s. Phenomenal pistols.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting that most of the interest here is in the Scorpion. Seems the P10F gets little love in general, I’m finding.
CZ pistols are fine guns no doubt but they don't carry anywhere near the sex appeal that a Scorpion does. The prettiest girl at the dance gets the most attention. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

And the F? What about the F?!? Why the conspicuous silence??!?!?!! Wink

posted Hide Post
I have had a Phantom for years. A helluva gun. A recent purchase of a TSO has made me realize what a great shot I really am.

I have been looking at the Scorpion for a while comparing it to the Banshee. Decision soon. There is a lot of after market for the Scorpion.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with the F model.My understanding is its reputation for both reliability & accuracy to be quite good though..
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

And the F? What about the F?!? Why the conspicuous silence??!?!?!! Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally was able to shoot both the Scorpion Micro as well as the P10F.

The Micro was easily zeroed, both with irons and my optic, at 25yds with a total of 20 rounds. About the easiest time I've had zeroing a firearm. Neat little gun. Ran well...I'll give it more rounds Monday and Tuesday. I think I'm going to like this one.

Shot the P10F yesterday and noticed it was shooting a bit high and right. Later checked the included factory target and found out, well, the gun prints high and right. Smile Adjusted the sights yesterday, re-shot it today, will bump them slightly again and call it good. Very good group, and a very flat shooting handgun. I like it.

HOWEVER, on several occasions I had FTF when loading a full 19rd mag. First round went straight into the bottom lip of the feed ramp. Found this to occur with both Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ as well as Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ. Read up on this when I got home and found out this was a deal with the P10C as well as the P10F, but people said it works itself out as the gun breaks in. Here's hoping. Never had a FTF when shooting, though, just when loading the first round by releasing the slide lock lever on a full 19rd magazine. Hmm.

SECOND HOWEVER, was the slide lock spring popped off its notch on the slide lock lever, causing a few premature slide locks over the course of a magazine. I easily diagnosed the problem and popped the spring back on, and the gun worked fine for the next 30 rounds. When I got home I read up and saw that this too was a known issue. Hmm again.

I really want to like the P10F, but it's going to have to prove itself a lot more reliable if it's going to stick around.

Suggestions?

Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Me too! Congrats!

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on the thread protector under the flash hider on that scorpion! They back off, and the flash hider keeps it from falling off, but you will get bullet strikes, bad groups if you don’t catch it. Oh, nice CZs!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post