SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger now entering the g19 size market
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger now entering the g19 size market Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ruger Design Team:

Find out what it is in life you don’t do well, and don’t do that thing.

- World’s Most Interesting Man, on Careers.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that maybe we should realize that Ruger is competing with the Hi-Point market and not Glocks..........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Not a new design, but reintroduction of a previous one. I hope I can afford this one.
I missed the first versions, and then the prices escalated so high I couldn't even think about affording one.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...p101-327-fed-magnum/

Say all the bad things you want about Ruger, but Ruger does always offer something new.

The Security 9 may not appeal to everyone, but perhaps it will find its niche in buyers.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Oh, hell yes... glad to see this coming back out!

I have the new 4" version, but really wanted a 3".

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Why would they put a safety on a DAO?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

I don't think ts DAO.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It must be DAO, it's hammer fired with no decocker. Does this mean the Ruger American is on it's way out.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
That is so ugly that it makes a Glock look handsome.

I think its Tacti-cool. Since nothing will make a glock look good. I do think that if your using a poly base, the SP2022 from sig has the right idea. That its simple and to the point

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

The Security 9 is single action only. The internal hammer is fully cocked by the slide movement.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outside of their 1911 models, Ruger has not yet made a good looking semi auto centerfre pistol. But they usually work, and are hell for tough. At that price point they should sell ok.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The street price is $289 online. For someone who simply wants a gun that will function $289 from a reputable brand is a good deal....regardless of how fugly

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
Buds has a Smith SD9VE for $280. I think I'd rather have that.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With quality sub-$300 USA made pistols like the Ruger Security 9, Ruger 9E, S&W SD9VE there is no reason to take a risk on imports like the Turkish SAR pistols. The Turkish brands keep switching their US importer and creating warranty and parts troubles.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
With quality sub-$300 USA made pistols like the Ruger Security 9, Ruger 9E, S&W SD9VE there is no reason to take a risk on imports like the Turkish SAR pistols. The Turkish brands keep switching their US importer and creating warranty and parts troubles.

I know what you are saying but the SAR pistols are external hammer fired with a safety which many seem to prefer at that price point.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpadams6:
Aluminum chassis? No thanks, when all the others are steel.

quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Interesting as the internal frame is aluminum rather than steel.

"Precision machined, hard coated aluminum chassis with full-length guide rails."

Just to point out the obvious, a majority of Sig pistols have aluminum guide rails on the frame. Doesn't seem to affect their longevity, but does the price. Those Sig wouldn't be able to replace the guide rails with another chassis.

I see no negative effect of AL vs folded sheetmetal. And there is the weight savings.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
quote:

quote:

"Precision machined, hard coated aluminum chassis with full-length guide rails."

Just to point out the obvious, a majority of Sig pistols have aluminum guide rails on the frame. Doesn't seem to affect their longevity, but does the price. Those Sig wouldn't be able to replace the guide rails with another chassis.

I see no negative effect of AL vs folded sheetmetal. And there is the weight savings.

The difference is the whole frame of a classic P series SIG pistol is aluminum to save weight and it is anodized for durability and thick. In a poly frame pistol I would much prefer steel to insure durability and the extra weight would be minimal. I believe the P320 is all steel in the internal frame as is the new Beretta and Smith and Wesson beefed up the frame of the M&P 2.0 series with steel, not aluminum.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
The principle of a carbon steel slide recipocating on anodized AL. is the same, whether a classic P-series or the Security 9.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Haven't we had people here complaining about frame rail wear on some classic (or newer production classic) SIG P-series models?

One of the things I like about poly guns is that the actual frame rails are usually steel, either molded or pinned into the poly grip. So the wear is steel on steel, but without the weight of a full steel frame. But not with this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
quote:

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Haven't we had people here complaining about frame rail wear on some classic (or newer production classic) SIG P-series models?

One of the things I like about poly guns is that the actual frame rails are usually steel, either molded or pinned into the poly grip. So the wear is steel on steel, but without the weight of a full steel frame. But not with this one.

I agree. I bet if HK decided to go to aluminum inside their pistols instead of steel you would think the world was coming to an end on the HK and other forums.

The new Ruger seems to target a market where the average shooter will not put many rounds through a pistol.