SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger now entering the g19 size market
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger now entering the g19 size market Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
How is the LCP II trigger? Apparently it has the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
How is the LCP II trigger? Apparently it has the same.

The LCP II's trigger isn't bad...for such a small, confined gun. However given how much room should be available inside a Security-9 frame, I for one would expect it to be engineered for it to be significantly better if it's going to stand a chance in the marketplace. If not, there's too many alternatives that have already answered that call.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Interesting as the internal frame is aluminum rather than steel.

Seems to target those who only want to spend $300 for a pistol who probably will shoot a couple boxes of ammo a year. Nothing wrong with that and some decent options are available at the $300 level for a new pistol these days. The size and weight are certainly good for an all purpose sized double stack pistol assuming it proves to be reliable.

Only Ruger I own is a Mark II rim fire pistol and I don't see that changing.

"Precision machined, hard coated aluminum chassis with full-length guide rails."

Posts: 9741 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
"Precision machined, hard coated aluminum chassis with full-length guide rails."

Get some grease!

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't see anything about this gun that's particularly compelling. Smith has this gun bracketed on the on both the high and low end price-wise (M&P 2.0C and the SD9VE.)

The G19 has been creeping up price-wise. I wonder if the new crop of guns coming in under it (and I'm going to say the M&P 2.0C especially), is going to make them rethink this.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

Get some grease!

Big Grin

I don't need to stinking grease for my Glock.

Posts: 9741 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Too ugly, try again...

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Hammer fired and a whole lot of ugly. Rugers next flop.

Why don't they release a smaller Ruger American Pistol? Isn't that what the chassis system is all about?

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
If it is better then the SR9c I have I might get one.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see that Ruger still thinks the key to a popular autopistol is to make it the ugliest one on the market.

As much as P-series guns were built like tanks, they, too, were among the ugliest of their contemporaries.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I love Ruger firearms, but I wish they would tone down the flair a bit.

Could not agree more. Put that pimpwagon next to Ruger's LC9S and you have a night and day difference. Actually I was rather hoping that Ruger had used the styling cues of the LC9s, such as a nicely rounded slide and frame that is easy to holster and a rounded trigger guard instead of that ugly squared off or hooked trigger guard that is featured on nearly every other "service" pistol on the market. They could also lose the forward serrations on the slide because darned near nobody ever uses them.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
It'll do better than their American series.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
That is so ugly that it makes a Glock look handsome.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
IMHO the Ruger American is a much better looking pistol, both the full size and the compact. I recommended one to a friend of mine on a tight budget and his full size American has been utterly reliable, has a pretty good trigger, and is very accurate at that.

This very much feels like a forced use of the "Security" name by Ruger for the sake of trying to stir up some nostalgia for some older shooters and for them to have a catchy name to market to the younger ones. Proprietary and expensive magazines will hurt this pistol if they don't keep them reasonable.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
Such a shame they decided to go with a hammer fired system. I am a big fan of Ruger and probably would’ve bought this for the hell of it. However the thumb safety and hammer fired mechanism ended that.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
That is so ugly that it makes a Glock look handsome.
+1000

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aluminum chassis? No thanks, when all the others are steel.

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know why now but it reminds me of a Martin Tuma design.

Add to that 180mm+- in length and I'm attracted.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Ruger P series guns just picked up a mint in box stainless P 95 with papers and ex mag . and also a P89 . I think they are a dam good gun for the money . I may pick up this new one when I run across one .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post