SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger now entering the g19 size market
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger now entering the g19 size market Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
The 15 round 5" tall, 4" barrel pistol is becoming very crowded.
Ruger Security 9.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Only took the manufacturers 30 years to figure out a good deal of the draw of the G19 is its unique size...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Catching up is hard to do.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Catching up is hard to do.

Glock is certainly well established in that area but the Ruger with a suggest retail price of $379 might gain some traction.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I predict street price will be $319 and proprietary magazines only available from Ruger will be $79 each.

Big Grin

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
I predict street price will be $319 and proprietary magazines only available from Ruger will be $79 each.

Big Grin

Until Magpul makes them for $12. Big Grin

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I’m sure it’ll be “ok” after the first Ruger Recall... Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I love Ruger firearms, but I wish they would tone down the flair a bit.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fugly

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It looks like an LCP2 abd an R51 had a drunken hookup they'd rather forget.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
SR series (including the 9E), RAP and now the Security-9...seriously? How many do you need? Three separate designs all vying for sales and elbow room in more or less the same market space.

Except...the Security-9 is hammer-fired, not a striker. Didn't see that coming.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I like it, as I like the LCPII design.

Will try to examine one when they hit the area gunshops. Some what like the American pistol, but different.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted to see the design criteria that Ruger seems to always use for all it's centerfire semi autos...

Pistol must be:

1.Ugly
2.Always look a little like the last ugly one no one wanted.
3.Always have that "Ruger look" (see 1&2)
4.Look blocky even if it really isn't.
5.Reliable
6.Relatively affordable

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
None of Ruger's poly guns have impressed me ever since they d/c'ed the P95/P97.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of like it but I don't. I wonder how the grip is going to feel,as far as it being thin or thick. I like the lc9 grip,as it is slim. If Ruger made it slimmer,it might work. Also wish they continued the whole back strap/adjustment option but not like that bulky polymer pistol thing they made. The trigger is awesome on the lc9 as is the smaller thumb safety.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger semi centerfires have zero appeal to me. There is always a better choice.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No thanks Wink. That is one ugly pistol...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I will stick with my Gen 5 G19 thank you.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s not my cup of tea but I know some people will buy it and happily so. I’ve got a buddy who was thinking of buying a pair of pistols for his two boys but price of buying two of whatever has stopped him. This price will probably be what he needs to pull the trigger.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
At that price point I may just have to get one as a bug out gun..

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post