SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta M9A3, Wilson Combat Brigadier or Legion P229
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta M9A3, Wilson Combat Brigadier or Legion P229 Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I carry a P229 Legion and have carried a Beretta M9. The P229 conceals much more easily and IMHO carries better, more so in both categories than you would expect since (on paper) the P229 isn't THAT much smaller.

I've handled the Brig and was impressed but have not fired one

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought all 3 . I couldnt make up my mind

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Larry V, I like the way you roll! I'll go Brig!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brig Tac FTW

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Since this thread was first started, I did buy the M9A3. Its DA trigger is more than nice right out of the box and yeah, its Vertec grip is damn spot-on for my small mitts. On range trips I've warmed a bit to the Legion's tuning--a customer I sometimes shoot with has both P226 variants--but the Beretta just plain works better for me, particularly since I can shoot my Mk25 as well as I can the Legions.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot all three, ended up buying the Legion 226. I put a 16 pound Wolff hammer spring and it's perfect, dead accurate and 100% reliable.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beretta is attractive, hate the rail. I've owned Berettas for a long time, and like them, still own several, but of the choices offered, the Legion pistol would be my first choice.

I'd be tempted by the Wilson linked previously, but just bought a Legion this summer and just picked up a Steyr AUG...another pistol would seal my extended stay in a drafty dog house for the winter.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Soggy, is Beretta shipping M9A3's again ???

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yup they're shipping. We've had several come through our shop this summer. One or two still had some frame anodizing issues (at least I presume it's anodized) that's plagued the Tennessee-made guns since they started up production there, but at least a couple came in without nicks or bare pinholes in the anodized finish, one of which (a 'G' configuration) I ended up buying.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Smile

Got one. M9A3.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking for an M9A3 as well since it is suppressor ready. What's the best can for it? Thanks.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
The Wilson Brig Tac puts the wind under my skirt...

to say the least!

That's one sexy Beretta!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I've owned all 3....they're all nice guns....I sold all of them to finance my burgeoning Bren Ten habit....the only one I remotely miss is the Wilson

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post