SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta M9A3, Wilson Combat Brigadier or Legion P229
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta M9A3, Wilson Combat Brigadier or Legion P229 Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Handled the WC Brig via a customer; very nice. Didn't get a chance to shoot the example before he turned and SOLD it a couple of weeks later. Some 1911 guys just can't change, it seems.

We had a FS variant of the M9A3 in the shop at the time; frankly I didn't think the WC gun had that much of an advantage over the stock M9A3, particularly with the trigger. I prefer both over the Legion in either the P226 or P229 versions; I just haven't been wowed enough by the Legion series to actually want to buy one. Both Beretta and WC Brig, those two do wow me.

My 'pick cheap if all else is pretty equal' predisposition has me favoring the factory Beretta over the WC alternative. But I could talk myself into wanting either...or both.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Wilson Brigadier, with the action tune. I'm seeing a trend here.

This, the action work takes it to another level. My Brig Tac is my favorite full size 9mm

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Guys, what's a reasonable/fair price for a stock WC Brigadier? And one with the action tuned? Thanks. Smile

$1195 is going rate. Still backed up on production. This place has the stock one and action tunes done. Here's are the inventory with the action tune done. 11 in stock as of this post.

https://www.shootersconnection...tical-9mm-P4126.aspx

This pistol is well worth the $1375 price. I prefer it over a P229 or P226

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have all the aforementioned pistolas and I'm gonna go with the "Brig"! Everything just works for mr after I got used to the feel of the difference in the slide while racking.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Wilson Brigadier Tactical. I've also got one with the action tune and it is buttery smooth. It is easily one of my favorite handguns and it is laser beam accurate and super soft shooting. The M9A3 would be my second choice.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone with smallish hands have the Wilson Brig and care to comment ?

One of the main reasons my Sigs hardly get shot anymore and my CZ pistols get all the rounds through them is my better hand to grip fitment.

The Brig looks bigger like the classic P series Sigs.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The M9A3 is a Vertec frame which means 1911 grip angled and smaller in hand. If you look at a normal 92 with a grip panel off, the curved lower rear of the frame is what gets machined off to make a Vertec.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Tuned brig tac. Mine is crazy accurate. I added ultra thin grips and it's perfect.

The M9A3 is butt ugly,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

The M9A3 is butt ugly,

its the baby-poop colored slide that ruins it. The rest is brilliant

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Tuned brig tac. Mine is crazy accurate. I added ultra thin grips and it's perfect.

The M9A3 is butt ugly,

Can't really disgree about the M9A3, although it may be a bit of an acquired taste. I wasn't all that impressed with the P320 X-5 at first either, but love it now.

Action tuned Brig Tac:

Awesome pistol, and looks great too! First range trip this afternoon!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sprg03-A3,

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
Anyone with smallish hands have the Wilson Brig and care to comment ?

One of the main reasons my Sigs hardly get shot anymore and my CZ pistols get all the rounds through them is my better hand to grip fitment.

The Brig looks bigger like the classic P series Sigs.

I have small hands, and I like be the WC, although it definitely is on the larger end of the spectrum. For what it's worth, I love the P239- fits me like a glove. But I also like and have no issues with a P226 or P220. The P229 is the least comfortable Sig to me, as the circumference of the grip I don't like.

I hope that helps.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I'd go with the Wilson Combat Brigadier but if/when Beretta produces the M9A3 in all black I may be swayed in that direction.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I have the WC Brig, I wish I would of gotten the action tune package, but I still like it how it is.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
WC Brigadier all day long.

Oh yeah.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
A few comments.

From my perspective, it's pretty much a wash. I can shoot all three pretty good. The nudge would go to the M9A3G in my opinion. The frame is a Vertec, and the Vertec guns I have shot in the past blows away all comers. You want to talk about a gun that I can track really well at speed, well, the Vertec is it.

A couple of other points.

Not all Berettas are equal. Some need quite a bit of work to be usable by my standards. The standard Beretta magwell sucks by anyone's standards. Beretta just needs to start flaring all of them from the factory. Another good thing about the Vertec/M9A3 is that it comes factory with a flared magwell.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the stainless Vertec slide on M9A1 frame. Ernest Langdon is working on such a combo for Beretta. Stainless slides are nice because you can stone the slots for the frame rails and feed strip to really slick up the action. Anybody who's handled an Elite II will understand why this matters.

Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
My local LGS has a few of the Brigs in stock going to $1299 (full size and compact). I REALLY liked it, but felt slightly big in my smaller hands and had to reach a bit for the trigger in DA, but it was buttery smooth in action.
If I wasn't having shoulder surgery this Friday, one would have come home with me yesterday. Ed

quote:
Guys, what's a reasonable/fair price for a stock WC Brigadier? And one with the action tuned? Thanks. Smile

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Brig. Tac.

I am very happy with mine and I have small hands. The thin grips make a difference.

Would love an M9A3 in something that isn't a mosaic of baby poop colors.

Only P226 I can compare to is an old school stock one (GREAT GUN) but not in the Legion league.

I think my Brig. Was $1,095 out the door. +$20 xfer. Bought online from a dealer no shipping no CC fees.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
M9A3.

1) I need the Vertec style grip.

2) The Wilsons and Legion are just too pretty to throw into the gravel.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tough choice. I like the Brig but have always found Berettas to be a little bulky to CCW.
The P229 would my choice, especially if wanted to EDC it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post