SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommendations please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations please Login/Join 
posted
I'm thinking a 220 Sao for CC. Are there other models I should consider. I'm a lefty, can the SA/DA be converted to ambi-safety? Also, is it advisable to carry a SA/DA cocked & locked, this is my preference. In the past I've carried a 1911 and I like the slim profile of it so a single stack would make sense.

Posts: 9 | Location: Fox Valley, WI | Registered: January 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know what you mean by "SA/DA".

DA/SA P220 does not have a manual safety and therefore cannot be "cocked and locked". The decocking lever is not ambidextrous or reversible

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
If you want a 45 in DA/SA with safety that can be carried cocked and locked get an HK45C. If you want a Sig that can be carried cocked and locked you have to find an SAO 220 or 220 Carry/Compact. The beauty of DA/SA is that it can be carried decocked with no safety. My choice would be the HK45C but If you want a traditional DA/SA Sig in 45 for Carry CDNN has 220 Compact’s With night Sights for $699 which is a good deal.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...ct.html#.Wmtl82JOnDs

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Just doing a Google image search, the 220 Hunter SAO (10mm), 220 SAO Carry stainless, 220 SAO, 220 SAO Elite (10mm), and 220R Carry SAO all look like they have an ambi safety already.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post