SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ETS Group releases 25 new mags (P320, M&P, Shield, VP9), plus a coupon!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETS Group releases 25 new mags (P320, M&P, Shield, VP9), plus a coupon! Login/Join 
Picture of JBird679
posted
Here's the email: https://mailchi.mp/cee2d8afa18...mags-get-10-off-now?

New magazines now available for: Glock® 43X/48, Glock® 21, Glock® 20, SW M&P®, SW Shield®, SIG® P320, AND HK® VP9

10% OFF ALL NEW MAGAZINE MODELS
USE CODE: ETSNM10
SALE ENDS 10/9/19

Who's going to be the guinea pig for the 30rd P320 mags!!!???
https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Ma...s-for-SIG-s/1843.htm

I almost forgot the best part:
quote:
Base plates interchangeable with ETS line of 9mm double stack magazines.
Due to the wide variety of extensions for Glock, our mag base is designed to be compatible with Glock extensions.

If these things work, they just changed the game!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
I think I'll get a couple VP9 mags to try. Thank you for posting this.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
30 rd 10mm Glock mags. Eek

As if I needed another reason to get a 10mm Banshee.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I've heard bad things about their 43 mags.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got quite a few of their Glock mags; I run them with Vickers baseplates. No issues, despite spending a lot of time in the dirt.

I have G43 mags, no issues. Just ordered another 10.

I've been waiting for the Sig mags, so am ordering a stack of 21 rd P320 and S&W M&P mags. We'll see how they go.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
30 rd 10mm Glock mags. Eek

As if I needed another reason to get a 10mm Banshee.

Make it happen!
The previous lack of high cap 10mm mags was all that slowed me down from a 10mm carbine.

The 30 rounders that SGM make/import for CMMG are cheaper but I’ll give these a go.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
They got a 20% off coupon... been waiting for these to drop! 3 calibers in and cart is all ready at $200 bucks !!

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-19...-48-p/glk-43x-19.htm

is this what normal mag springs look like when fully loaded or just over a certain number of rounds.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:

is this what normal mag springs look like when fully loaded or just over a certain number of rounds.

Pretty much. It's fine as long as the coils don't pass each other ("coil jumping"). It's for that reason that the coils are shaped like the magazine and expanded to fill it.

Looks really hard on the spring, doesn't it?

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
They got a 20% off coupon... been waiting for these to drop! 3 calibers in and cart is all ready at $200 bucks !!

What’s the 20% code???

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I really want one of the Shield mags, but that follower looks kind of sketchy. I'll let someone else beta test it.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
10% code is: ETSNM10

quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:

What’s the 20% code???

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
All of the new mags just hit GunMagWarehouse and are a few bucks cheaper. The 30rd P320 mags are $19.
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/br...ite-tactical-systems

NOTE: Use code "GARANDTHUMB" for 5% off, which can basically cover shipping if you order multiple.

They also have the ETS CAM loaders for $20, which have piqued my interest for a while now. If anyone has feedback on these or any of the new stuff, please share!

posted Hide Post
I picked up a camloader a while back, but have never used it. The Lula loader works so well, I can't imagine anything else would be a step up.

--ETS released new glock mag offerings today, including new G43X/48 mags, 10 round and 19 round. The 19 round looks like it extends quite a bit, but might be a choice for a second mag in a pocket. I'll probably grab a few and try them out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sns3guppy,

posted Hide Post
I managed to get home for a couple of days, and found packages of ETS mags waiting. In particular, I was interested in the P320 17 and 21 round magazines, and the M&P 17 and 21 round magazines.

I also got a box of G43 magazines that gunmagwarehouse had going for five bucks each or so.

The P320 magazines are hard to insert, where they contact the mag catch inside the mag well. Unless the mag release button is held down, the mag has to be rammed home, and even with the release held down, there's still considerable resistance. It shaves a grove of plastic off with each insertion, and I suspect a sharp grove like that will eventually crack, as any stress-riser is wont to do.

The P320 mags will drive home, and they will pop free with surprising force, with the mag empty, when the mag release is pressed. They will lock back the slide. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet; these are just observations out of the box.

That's with an empty magazine.

With even just one or two rounds in the magazine, it will not drop free when the mag release is pressed. Empty, the magazines fly out of the mag well, apparently under spring pressure from the hold-open tab on the follower. Once the follower is pressed into the mag by a round, it can no longer serve to propel the magazine free, and even one or two rounds in the magazine will prevent it from leaving the mag well when the release is pressed: I have to physically extract the magazine with my free hand.

After a number of insertions in the P320, I'm left with a pile of plastic shavings from the magazine on the right side of the mag, where it contacts the mag catch inside the pistol well. I can minimize that by holding the mag release fully depressed until the magazine is inserted, but there's still slight shaving action going on, and if I don't hold the mag release down, every time produces shaved plastic. It's making an obvioius beveled edge on the right side of the magazine body, above the cutout for the mag catch.

The M&P magazines don't insert enough to lock in, with being driven there. Once locked into place, pressing the mag release, at least on my pistol with the samples I ordered, the mag will not extract without being physically ripped out of the mag well .

In the M&P, The slide will lock back, but when the slide release is pressed, the slide will not go home with an empty magazine in place. I had to wrap the rear of the slide repeatedly to get it to go home, and with some mags, it just wasn't possible. The followers on the ETS mags poke out of the top of the mag body and bind up the slide. The only solution is to lock back the slide, physically extract the magazine, then lower the slide into battery.

Unlike the P320 problem, when rounds are put in the M&P magazines, I am able to insert them and seat them, and they do drop free. The slide goes home each time with rounds in the magazine, functioning properly, when hand cycled, although I did experience at least one round that ended up ahead of the extractor. I'm not sure why. This was not operational cycling, but only hand cycling. The M&P magazine had gouging at the top of the left side of the feed lip. A burr was created; once removed, it did not happen again. The 21 round magazine appeared to function more easily than the 17 round magazine, which occasionally took more effort to sea in my M&P 2.0.

I'll spend some time at some point actually shooting them, but this is my observation out of the wrapper: presently I have low confidence in them and very little respect for the design. By comparison, both my Sig factory magazines, and S&W factory magazines, function flawlessly.

I've heard some speculation that the mag body is swelling with rounds in the magazine, causing the insertion or extraction issues; this isn't the case. It has to do with the follower tab being pushed out of the way (regarding extraction), and with the plastic mag body dragging and being shaved off by the mag catch.

The reason that the M&P slide will not drop on the empty mag each time when the slide release is manipulated, but will with a round in the magazine, is because the follower in the magazine rises up from the mag body at an angle, when empty; it actually protrudes somewhat, and the forward bottom edge of the follower catches on the mag body, preventing the follower from being pressed back into the mag body. If rounds are in the magazine, it's a non-issue, and shouldn't present an issue functionally, but it's very annoying and the factory magazines certainly do not do that. Once the magazine has been cycled through it seems to be less of a problem, but it shouldn't be a problem at
all.

As yet, none of the P320 or M&P samples will function enough to get past a table top cursory examination, let alone make it to the range. I will experiment with them more, but at this point, I'm not impressed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sns3guppy,

posted Hide Post
Not to belabor the issue, but I contacted ETS, and received a reply back.

quote:
Let’s start with the 320 mags. Some of the older 320 guns have a very sharp bottom on the mag catch. This has been change in newer models because it actually scrapped off the coatings on the steel mags. Once you forcefully insert the mags a few times and some plastic is shaved it will wear in and this will not be an issue. We have extensively tested them and this proved to be perfectly fine long term. Once the mags have been fully loaded a few times the spring will set. On the sig, which is a really tight fitting gun, the mags may not drop until a round or two has been chambered. And even then it will be with the slide forward. We felt this was ok because when doing a tac reload with rounds left in the mag the slide will be forward.

The quirk you’re are experiencing in the M&P mags is from inserting a new mag with a spring that hasn’t been set, empty, into the gun. Those followers sticking up can cause the follower to miss the slide lock. This will cause a bind and the mag will be hard to insert and will not drop. Again, once the spring has set this will lessen. Also, when the mag is inserted with rounds and the follower advances as it was designed to do it is physically impossible for it to miss the slide lock. When running these mags they will function perfectly normal as a mag should.

I know these quirks don’t give you confidence but they will run just fine. These are some of the challenges in making mags in polymer mags that were oem designed to be made of sheet metal.

Please keep in mind we of a lifetime warranty so if you experience and trouble we will take care of you, even if the mags are used.

I spent some time last night inserting each mag and shaving plastic, and attacked it a bit with a jewlers file. The mags do drop now, and insertion is easier; I haven't been needing to extract them manually.

I spent a few hours at the range today running my own reloads through them, both the 21 round and 17 round ETS mags, and all functioned 100%. That's a small sample, but it's better than my initial impression. I didn't have time to do anything with the M&P, but after spending an evening inserting and removing them, they seem to function better.

The experiment goes on.

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
sns3guppy, thanks for the feedback! Your issues are a little concerning, but it is promising that they back their mags with a lifetime warranty.

I would hold off but unfortunately I placed an order for some 30rd P320 mags and 40rd Glock mags just a day or two before you posted. Will post feedback once I receive them and get them to the range. (I have a few of the 30rd Glock mags and they haven't given me any issues the few times I've used them.)

It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the Glock 25 round mags for a 45 ACP Carbine. I couldn't get it in far enough for the mag release to shave any material off the mag. I don't think it would have mattered, because it was dragging on all four sides on both insertion and removal. I was using as much force as I could, to no avail. The stock Glock mag and another brand (SGM, I think) extended mag worked just fine. So I'm returning it.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I got to try the 30rd P320 mags at the range the other day and they were flawless in my X5. It changes the ejection pattern quite a bit, and instead of the spent brass flying into the wall it goes straight up and does a few back flips and then falls somewhere between my chest and the pistol in my extended arms. Pretty wild.

I also tried them in my 320 Compact but I had some FTEs where the brass got stuck and I had to hold or lock the slide back and dump it out. I switched to factory 21rd mags and had the same issue, so I can't blame that one on ETS. I've never had a problem with that pistol before, but I was also trying the x-compact grip on it for the first time so I need to do more troubleshooting on that one.

One thing I have to say is that 30rd mags in a pistol is absolutely ridiculous! My arms, back, and finger got tired from not taking a minute or two break to reload more often. Definitely more useful in an AR pistol or PCC, but it was a lot of fun.

Didn't get to try the 40rd Glock mags yet.

posted Hide Post
I bought 5 of the 15 round magazines for the P320 compact. I've had them loaded for a couple of weeks. With my Xcompact frame, fully loaded mags require a little force to seat and activate the mag release. At about 4 rounds remaining in the magazine, they will drop free. When empty, the mags eject like a rocket, whether the slide is forward or locked back. This will be a benefit in competition. I have not fired with them, yet.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post