SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92X Performance with LTT Trigger Work
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92X Performance with LTT Trigger Work Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a Beretta 92X Performance pistol from Langdon Tactical, with their trigger work. I'm pretty impressed with it so far - it shoots as accurately as I can hold, and the single action trigger pull averages 2 lbs, 3 oz, and 6 lbs, 10 oz in double action. The reset is very short as well. I like the NISTAN finish over the carbon steel frame. The grips are plastic (but the plastic grips on classic P-series SIGs never bothered me). The positioning of the rear sight makes manually cocking the pistol by pulling the hammer back awkward, and I'd prefer the beaver tail not curve downward, since it prevents a higher hold. Slide to frame fit is tight, with no perceptible looseness, yet has that smooth classic Beretta 92 feel when the slide is racked. Overall, I think it's an impressive pistol!

Posts: 154 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Beretta. Beautiful guns. Solid price buying it directly from Langdon given the price of the LTT trigger job on the 92X-P, and the price the guns themselves fetch. You'll have to let us know how it shoots.

I hear ya on the sight. Wish they would have put the old 92 Combat rear sight on it. On my Centennial, the only real thing I dislike about it, is that rear sight.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Centennial! I hadn't looked closely enough at one before to realize they had the same rear sight setup! The single action trigger and reset is comparable to that on my German X5 pistols, and I THINK I can shoot it just as well, based on limited testing so far. The Beretta has some machine marks in inconspicuous places that aren't present on my X5 pistols, but at least my example seems to be a superb shooter. Given today's market, I think the LTT trigger work is a solid value.

Posts: 154 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice decision to go to LTT. I'm considering a trigger redo on my recently purchased Performance.

Beretta claims a factory 3.3lb SA break and a 6.6lb pull for DA, which was totally believable with our former floor model at the shop. However with my Performance that I bought fresh out of backstock, it turned out that the SA is more like 4lb and the DA scales between 8 and 9lb. Shame on me for believing the specs and not testing the gun before I bought it. Somewhere along the way the tech back at Beretta apparently fell asleep at the workbench...or it was quitting time when he was finishing up mine.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post