SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mag Disconnect Removal P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mag Disconnect Removal P226 Login/Join 
Picture of ducatiti
posted
Are there any written instructions with pictures in here, or perhaps a video. I've seen a video from Calguns.net but not very clear of the actual process but rather pointing out the 1/16 pin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be picking up my P226 Scorpion in 9 days! So excited.

Lastly, is this model discontinued? I don't see it on Sig's website.

Posts: 56 | Registered: June 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
If your talking about removing the magazine release button, on the bottom of button there is a small plunger called the catch stop. Push upwards to release the catch, and the mag release will spring out. But be careful the catch stop is under spring pressure and only goes in one way and it and the spring are very very small. I use a child's plastic paint brush handle thats been sharpened to push the catch stop so no scratches. For a picture look at the schematics at Brownells and Sig Sauer used to have manual for download and part schematics.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's talking the silly mag disconnect not the mag release.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
He's talking the silly mag disconnect not the mag release.

Yes, a privilege provided to Californians lol.

Posts: 56 | Registered: June 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
You’ll need to remove the locking insert from the pistol, once that’s out, it’s pretty straight forward. If you have any questions email me, I’ve taken a few out in the past.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I feel blessed that my CA-legal P226 X5 Competition has neither a mag disconnect nor an LCI.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajp3jeh
posted Hide Post
There have been two versions of the magazine Safety. The current version is a locking block swap. The older version actually involved matching the frame and adding parts.

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
At least THREE different versions. Thats how many we went through at least with our duty wweapons. The first version may not have been provided to any departments other than us however.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What is the point of these things? I have never understood it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What is the point of these things? I have never understood it.

I've heard it's to address the accidental discharges when people remove the mag then start cleaning or handling their pistol w/o clearing the chamber.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
They were designed for LE. It gives the option to drop the mag and disable the weapon during a struggle. I used to remove my magazine before going hands on with a mental patient for example. In such circumstances I would rely on a cover officer for deadly force should it be required. I know one officer who is positively alive today because of the feature.

For a private citizen CCW I can take them or leave them. Only one of my current pistols has a disconnect.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post