SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Progression of Glock 43 platform
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Progression of Glock 43 platform Login/Join 
posted
Since manufacturers are giving us so many options, will Glock bring to market a version of the 43 with 43x width or a 43x with a 43 width? It seems like they both would do very well. I would love both.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
Since manufacturers are giving us so many options, will Glock bring to market a version of the 43 with 43x width or a 43x with a 43 width?

The 43 and 43x are both basically the same width, for all practical purposes. There's 0.04" difference at the widest part of the frame (that's four hundredths of an inch or roughly equivalent to 1 millimeter), and identical slides.

So no, I don't think they're going to bother producing a version of the 43 frame that is 1mm wider, or the 43X frame that's 1mm thinner. The difference is too insignificant.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the width of the 43 and 43X is minor but there is a huge difference created by that .04. Magazine incompatibility. I think the original 43 is a dead end. All the new variations will be built on the 43X/48 magazine frames. Glock should build a 43 gen2 that has the original 43 grip length but with the 43X style magazine. Because of the extra width it will probably hold 7 rounds instead of 6.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
Yes the width of the 43 and 43X is minor but there is a huge difference created by that .04. Magazine incompatibility. I think the original 43 is a dead end. All the new variations will be built on the 43X/48 magazine frames. Glock should build a 43 gen2 that has the original 43 grip length but with the 43X style magazine. Because of the extra width it will probably hold 7 rounds instead of 6.

Keep in mind; compatibility of mags for your financial advantage is probably not on Gaston Glocks give a crap list. He just made a bunch of customers buy a new gun that is almost the same as the old gun.

And to answer the OP's question: No, but I wouldn't be supersized if the after-market company that is developing the 15 round flush fit mags for the 43x and 48 came out with a mag for the 43 that held 10 rounds.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Next up a belt fed Glock 43.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
having shot a 43, carrying a 43x I would love to see a 43x width and 43 frame height. Would probably hold 7-8 rounds with flush fit mag, and take a 43x mag for backup.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 43 already holds 7 rounds in the magazine and makes a fantastic pocket carry pistol.

the 43 isn't dead. There are options for those who want them, but the 43 didn't replace the 42 and the 43X or 48 won't replace the 43.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I wonder what's happened to G43 (non-x) sales since the P365 came out. I'm guessing not good things. The G43x was something of a weak response to P365.

If Glock REALLY wants to compete directly with the P365, they need to get 10 rounds into the original Glock 43 form factor. And since SIG is supposedly apply for a patent on it's magazine design for the P365, Glock will have to do so without violating the patent.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We still sell a bunch of 43s, especially the black slide versions.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I wonder what's happened to G43 (non-x) sales since the P365 came out. I'm guessing not good things. The G43x was something of a weak response to P365.

If Glock REALLY wants to compete directly with the P365, they need to get 10 rounds into the original Glock 43 form factor. And since SIG is supposedly apply for a patent on it's magazine design for the P365, Glock will have to do so without violating the patent.

I may be in the minority, but I dumped my 365 for a G43 and I haven’t looked back. The Glock is 100% reliable and the SIG just wasn’t. The regular G43 is small enough for me to do all the things that the 365 does. For me, it works IWB, ankle and pocket. For EDC, it’s more than enough pistol.

FWIW, I use a mag with a TTI +1 in the gun. My spare mag has a TTI +2 on it. That’s 16 rounds for carry.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the G43X today, and put yellow Trijicon XR sights on it, along with a Vickers trigger.

I think I'm going to like it.

the 43X and 48 are the same grip length without the magazine as my 43 is with the magazine and a Pearce +1 or +2 extension. My 43 holds seven rounds in the magazine; the G43X/48 hold 10. The 43 is a fantastic pocket pistol, and I've carried it a lot for that purpose.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I just got a 48 yesterday to give it a spin. I can put the 43 slide on it to see if the 43x wold be better.

I haven’t shot it yet. Hope to tomorrow. Might be cool to do a shield RMSc cut on it. Single stackcarry pistol with red dot. S&W and Walther are doing it.

As far as astagger stack 43, it won’t be soon. It will come when the 43 sales stagnate.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Were you having issues with your P365, or were you reacting to the internet chatter about failures?

quote:
Originally posted by stormin:
quote:

I may be in the minority, but I dumped my 365 for a G43 and I haven’t looked back. The Glock is 100% reliable and the SIG just wasn’t. The regular G43 is small enough for me to do all the things that the 365 does. For me, it works IWB, ankle and pocket. For EDC, it’s more than enough pistol.

FWIW, I use a mag with a TTI +1 in the gun. My spare mag has a TTI +2 on it. That’s 16 rounds for carry.

Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
I think with a steel bodied magazine design a couple/three more rounds could be squeezed into the 43.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Were you having issues with your P365, or were you reacting to the internet chatter about failures?

quote:
quote:

Actually, both. I had 2 different 365s - an early one and a July ‘18 one. The 1st had issues. The 2nd was issue free thru 300 rounds, but I couldn’t get the worry out of my head based on my initial one and everything I was reading here.

I was always skeptical about carrying it, so I dumped it for the G43 (which has been flawless).

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
The 43 is the best carry gun I have. I carry it about 90% of the time. The rest of the time it’s a 48.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I would have just shot the shit out of the new one until you could get good with it.

quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

Actually, both. I had 2 different 365s - an early one and a July ‘18 one. The 1st had issues. The 2nd was issue free thru 300 rounds, but I couldn’t get the worry out of my head based on my initial one and everything I was reading here.

I was always skeptical about carrying it, so I dumped it for the G43 (which has been flawless).

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I also kept the G43 because of its reliability.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post