SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grip Tape Material
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grip Tape Material Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
Do Lowes, Home Depot, or hardware stores sell anything close to rubberlike grip tape material?

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talk to the local skate boarders, ask where they get their tape.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Academy Sports or the like sells skateboard deck grip tape. Same thing.
Something like $5 for two huge sheets.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Grip tape like sand tape? "Skateboard tape"?

Yes, Home Depot and/or Lowes have it made for stair treads and ladder treads. It's very "aggressive/abrasive" and thicker, a bit less malleable than stuff you'd buy just for guns. I used a lot of it years back, but it's not the best choice. Last time I needed some I just bought a deck sheet (for a skateboard) off amazon.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3M skateboard tape. I get it at my local hardware store. 1" width by the foot. Been using it for over 25 years.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not local but I’m pretty sure Talon will sell the rubber grip tape in sheets.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've seen granular-type ("sandpaper") tape at Home Depot. Local skateboard shops sell comparable material as well, IF you can find one that hasn't managed go out of business. Rubberized and granular anti-slip/traction tape in sheet and roll form is of course available from online sources, particularly Amazon. Talon Grips and other grip tape makers also sell rectangular sheets of their rubberized product in addition to their model-specific die-cut sets.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Academy Sports also carries tennis racket/golf club grip tape that I have used to make the grips thicker, without the rough surface.
Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Get tape made for skateboards, it's a little better product and will hold up under fire (had to say it that way). I have has the same piece skateboard tape on my P228 for about 5 years and still going strong. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by linkscoach:
Not local but I’m pretty sure Talon will sell the rubber grip tape in sheets.

Talon does sell the rubberized tape in 5x7 sheets. Amazon has it too.

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post