SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 357Sig Conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 357Sig Conversion Login/Join 
Picture of Poppy6x
posted
Here's a quick question for you Sig experts: Can I swap barrels and mags between my P229 SAO 9mm Legion and P229 DA/SA 357Sig Legion. Thing is I really prefer the SAO platform and the 357Sig round. So, can I simply swap the barrels and mags and end up with the 357Sig in my P229 SAO?

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
Should be able to swap complete uppers and achieve your goals.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that occurred to me after I posted. I'll try that. Seems like it should work. They are both Legions and the uppers are not serialized.

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Can swap barrels between .40 and .357. Can get a 9mm conversion barrel to go from .40 or .357 to 9mm.

But if you start with 9mm, only way to change is with a new upper.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
I think you'll also need to swap the locking block.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by giz55792:
I think you'll also need to swap the locking block.

No longer necessary on newer P229’s. I’m guessing since he has a Legion it is good to go.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Not so fast. So, I switched my uppers and off to the range I go. Ran about 30 rounds of my SD load with no problems and sights required no adjustment.
Just one problem. Can't put the manual safety on and lock the hammer. It won't go up.

Back to the drawing board. Later this week I'll see if I can swap barrel and recoil springs in the host slides.