SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 barrel hood wear
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 barrel hood wear Login/Join 
posted
My P320 after 150 rounds is showing barrel hood finish wear where it contacts the top of the slide. My Glock barrel looks better after 1000 rounds. Can you guys post pics of your barrels along with your round count? Thx

Posts: 1 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: July 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Can you post pics of yours?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrayPVD:
My P320 after 150 rounds is showing barrel hood finish wear where it contacts the top of the slide. My Glock barrel looks better after 1000 rounds. Can you guys post pics of your barrels along with your round count? Thx

After 750 rounds, I also have some wear at that spot but it is so minute that it really isn't even worth mentioning. I am impressed at how new my barrel still looks.

I clean/re-lube it after every range visit.

What grease are you using? I use SLP2000 EWG in that area where the two meet. Like i said, so far pretty impressed.

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's called "normal". As long as it's finish wear and not deep gouges, burrs, etc. It happens on most guns and it's part of the barrel/slide lockup. The exact location is a variable also. The fact that your P320 has it and the Glock doesn't signifies nothing, beyond the obvious.

Some of my own:

G34 - Very thin line where it meets the slide.
G19 - Heavy line 1/8" behind the slide.

P320C 9mm - No line/marking whatsoever.
P320C FS .40 - Heavy line about 3/8" behind the slide. Not full horizontal, just on each side.

All of my classic P-series - you can't tell without a loupe, since the hood is polished (factory).

As 1lowlife posted, pics would be helpful. On this forum, they can't be posted directly. Need a third-party provider like PhotoBucket. Then embed the link/IMG in the post.

Welcome to the forum.

EDIT: Scratch PhotoBucket. They stopped allowing links to forums and other sites. Unless you buy a PAID subscription.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nipper,

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Post some pictures and let me look at them. You may have barrel chatter that needs to be addressed.

Does it look like this?

Can you run your finger nail across it and feel pitting or other roughness?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Wear marks on moving mechanical parts under significant pressures - OMG! Eek

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
Wear marks on moving mechanical parts under significant pressures - OMG! Eek

Yeah, but you don't want anything like the picture above.

FWIW: 9mm C, 300 rounds, only a shiny spot on the very edge of the barrel hood/locking lug. Not even the "smileys" on the forward portion like the P-series do. This, maybe the first 1/16" or so in front of it, should be all you get.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post