SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p220 german pre ban stainless in box is pretty rare, right?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p220 german pre ban stainless in box is pretty rare, right? Login/Join 
posted
Just bought this on ar15 for $800 with laser max. Has orig box and orig stainless barrel. Pics up in a minute

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no such thing as a stainless 220 in '92.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Nickel?

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Nickle?

seller says stainless, with stainless barrel

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Definitely NOT SS.

MAYBE Nickel, but if it is, it's probably not factory. What's the the label on the box say?

Really looks more like someone had it hard chromed.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not stainless.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Imho, you got hosed.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seller is saying it is brushed bright, he also had a nickel one, and it was a different color. Maybe hard chromed.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
no such thing as a stainless 220 in '92.

Yup, pretty safe to say that all the SIGs with the old folded slides are NEVER stainless.

Q

posted Hide Post

Box end does not show a finish. My 220 german nickel says nickel on it, so I guess this was a refinish. I can still back out.

posted Hide Post
i thought you bought it??

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
It's your money, so you have the final say. There are many things not right with the gun as shown, so any collector value is gone: questionable finish, replacement grips, replacement sights. You did get an extra barrel for whatever that is worth. Your call.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
It's your money, so you have the final say. There are many things not right with the gun as shown, so any collector value is gone: questionable finish, replacement grips, replacement sights. You did get an extra barrel for whatever that is worth. Your call.

Of course. But, my opinion is, if you can still "back out", then do it. Inform seller that you just learned that there is no such thing as a stainless W. German P220.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
i thought you bought it??

I was in the process of buying it. Had transferred the $, ffl on the way. Seller represented it as factory stainless, which is what he said he was told when he bought it. I advised him it was not factory, so I stopped the deal prior to him having his ffl ship.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have a P220 with the damn near the exact same finish. It was a very bagged up JC P220 BATF returned re-serialized pistol when I got it.

I had APW hard chrome it, and it looks almost exactly like those pictures.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Hard chrome refinish.

Still a nice gun though.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks good enough from here. One thing you may have overlooked is the Lasermax guide rod. Those run about 200 and change. Plus the threaded barrel, aftermarket sights, trigger was redone and more recent grips installed. It is worth $800, just not for the reasons listed. You could always sell the barrel and laser to get into the $500 cost range. Or get a can and...

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Imho, you got hosed.
Yeah, you got someone's project gun. Overpaid about $400 as well.

Hope you are able to get your $$$ back.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you still have the opportunity to bail.

That, or get it for less. Maybe $600 given the extra bits.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funds coming back. Thanks for the advice.