SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2022 generations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 generations Login/Join 
posted
I just bought a nice 2022 40s&w, and wanted to order a nice holster, but there asking what genre ration of 2022 I have. How to I find this out?

Posts: 50 | Location: florida | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Look at the serial number tag on the bottom of the frame/rail, and if it is oval, it is the first run(s). If it is rectangle it is the second run.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks It’s second run

Posts: 50 | Location: florida | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Look at the serial number tag on the bottom of the frame/rail, and if it is oval, it is the first run(s). If it is rectangle it is the second run.

Ya' just gotta' love SIGforum don't ya'...under 20 minutes.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I didn’t know there were different generations.
What’s the difference?

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there physical differences in the 2022 line?
I know when the 'SigPro' was first released, the .40/357sig were called SP2340, 9mm was SP2009 (???) & had a proprietary rail - those need different holsters than the SP2022. I was not aware of, or encountered, a difference when ordering holsters for the SP2022.
Is the 1st gen German frames & the 2nd gen US made?

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post