SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CCR Refinish on my 1911
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCR Refinish on my 1911 Login/Join 
Picture of Cobra21
posted
I am a "finish" novice. While I own a number of handguns the only differences I can generally denote in finishes are colors...ie I know this one is black and that one is silver. Big Grin So, I am here filling out the WORK ORDER for CCR and realize that I have no idea what I am asking for.

It is a DW Valor that I had lightly bead-blasted a while back. It has some general blemishes now and I'd like try CCR to refinish it. I do not think I want to Cerakote it. I'd like something a little more durable. I am thinking Electo Nickel, but I honestly don't know if it is more durable or not.

This is a gun that I will shoot, own for life, and pass down to my sons. However, I do not foresee carrying or over-shooting it. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
CPII is most excellent. Its got properties of nickel but a LOT slicker.

I have NP3, CPII, e-nickel, Nikote, teflon moly and cerakote guns. CPII is by far the nicest finish.

Here's my machined Beretta 92 Billennium slide done in CPII over a gloss house black Nikote

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCR did a nice job with my GovModel.

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Go CPII for most durable and great look. All the other finishes from CCR are a step below.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've done quite a few guns and accessories in CPII... it is a great finish.

My only other comparable finish is Robar's NP3 Plus. Robar is far more expensive than CCR, but no difference in quality. You get a gun back from either, it will be 100%.

The only time I go Robar over CCR is in two situations; plating a long gun or an alloy framed pistol. CCR doesn't plate alloy frames, Robar does. Don't know if CCR started doing long guns in CPII... but wish they did. If I'm doing a Glock or steel framed pistol... it will go to CCR. Better value for similar perfection.

I have a Ruger SR1911... in stainless. Not really looking at plating that, since it isn't a highly used weapon. It will have stainless parts installed, but more for cosmetics that functionality. I do have a CZ SP-01 that will be plated eventually, and CCR will be doing that. Glocks, Beretta PX4s, LCPs, etc... they all go to CCR. My S&W 642-1... that went to Robar.

Posts: 184 | Location: Maine | Registered: December 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
CCR has ALWAYS done beautiful work for me! You can trust their work!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks all. Have it boxed and ready to ship tomorrow for CPII!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have had three pistols done by CCR, all of them came out beautiful

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail with CCR Tri-Tanium CeraHide. Bare stainless accents. Should have never sold this one. I have had a couple of other guns done in House Black (a P7 and another Dan Wesson 1911). Always great results ...

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post