SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Flat Trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Flat Trigger Login/Join 
posted
What's the point of this trigger? Is it just a preference thing? I see Apex and Sig make flat triggers, they look very similar and cost the same.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The apex and sig flat triggers are quite different in appearance, and feel different on the pistol. I have them both on the P320.

I haven't seen an Apex flat trigger for the P365.

The flat trigger places the finger farther from the fulcrum, allowing more leverage on the trigger, and the illusion of a lighter trigger. Both the sig and the apex triggers (and the grayguns, which is essentially the same as the sig) trigger for the P320 have very little overtravel, and all three claim reduced takeup, though that's not appreciable. The apex uses a spring loaded overtravel stop, and the kit uses a slight change to the trigger bar also as a stop. Grayguns and sig advertise that their flat trigger stops at the vertical, or 90 degree point, if that's important.

I like them. I have replaced the triggers on my P365's with both sig and grayguns flat triggers, and on my P320's with sig, grayguns, and apex triggers.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does the sig and ggi compare on your 365?

Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I think the flat triggers are fantastic, I have them on four of my sigs right now, and picked up a new P365 XL today, the flat trigger just feels so much better to me, and for me, when I'm comfortable with my trigger, my groups tighten, and I like that, I hope Sig starts putting these triggers on all there models...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

The Sig flat trigger appears to be a stamping from a flat piece of aluminum or sheetmetal therefore it is open at the back. If you want to check out the look and feel, see if your dealer has one of the newer 365XL models in stock. It comes standard with the flat trigger. Grayguns advertises that their trigger (almost twice the cost of the Sig), is made from barstock so I presume it is solid.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

They're indistinguishable in performance. Slight aesthetic differences, perhaps, but they feel and operate the same to me.

The Grayguns trigger extends down slightly into the trigger guard area before angling forward, while the Sig offering angles forward almost directly. The slight forward hook angle at the bottom of the trigger has a bit less pad that the Sig model. Both are "hollow" or concave at the rear of the trigger, in similar appearance to the P320 "adverse" triggers.

Sig's flat triggers have a small extension forward of the trigger on the top end where it passes through the frame, which fills the gap in front of the trigger. The Grayguns triggers do not. Other than that, they appear nearly identical in geometry and from an eyeball view. I didn't apply any instrumentation to them for the minutia, and that may be where the difference lies.

I'm very happy with both triggers.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Armory Craft flat trigger in mine.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't like the flat trigger until I put a Timney in my MPXs. They just feel better.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just installed the Sig flat trigger on my 365. The install is not for the faint of heart. It's not super complex, but more complex then say changing out your Glock trigger. I managed to do it in about 30 minutes with the help of a youtube video. I like it overall. I recommend it for anyone on the fence.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After taking one look at the Youtube videos , my gun now resides with my gunsmith, who will call me when it's ready.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I also put the Sig flat trigger in mine. Installation was not terrible but it sure had its moments.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I ordered the sig flat trigger($34) and installed it in my 365, was fairly easy. It felt weird, but better. I really liked the curved trigger so I reinstalled it, it felt awful! Put the flat back in, and its just right.

Ordered Apex flat trigger for my 320, see if it does the same for me.

GGI trigger for the 365 is $79 IIRC, that's just ridiculous.

Thanks to all for the help Wink

posted Hide Post
Put a Sig flat trigger on my Sig P320 Tac-Ops and loved the look and feel of it. So I recently purchased the last P365 flat trigger on the Sig factory website. I watched the YouTube video to help me install it. Much harder to install than the P320 flat trigger but doable. Again, love the look and feel, can't wait to take it to the range.

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the 365 is harder, after a couple times it gets much easier.

I put the Apex flat trigger in my 320 and didnt care for it, went back to the oe curved.