SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many different poly-striker pistols do you own
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many different poly-striker pistols do you own Login/Join 
posted
Although they all have similarities, there certainly are some fairly significant differences among the many offerings out there now.

Question:
How many different brands/styles of striker pistols do you own?

Choices:
5 or more

Question:
Which brands/models do you own?

Choices:
Glock-all
Sig P320
S&W M&P
Springfield Armory XD
Beretta
Walther
HK
Other

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The poll only lets you choose one brand which sort of defeats the purpose.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Glock

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
3 of 'em. All glock.

previously owned two FN striker pistols with no complaints. Only other striker fired I've owned was an M&P 40. Never even shot the damn thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jcat,

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry. How do I fix that? Does it need to be a separate question for each option?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
You do know fn makes that style pistol Wink

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
You do know fn makes that style pistol Wink

It's the last option, "Other". Razz

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
At this point i'm only interested in Glock.

320 is nice but unwieldy in the hand.

Looking forward to handling the CZp10 and Beretta's new striker fire.

M&P doesn't feel right to me and I don't like the trigger.

Steyr is nice, don't like trigger and slide is too wide.

HK very nice, impressed... mags are expensive.
XD is nice but it has some issues in height and mechanics.

Walther PPQ, great gun will consider 5" model in the future.

Frankly, my only issue with the Glock is the rubbing of my finger on the trigger guard, not terrible, mildly irritating.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock, S&W, Walther, and Springfield Armory

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
In the past, I have owned the following: Glock 17, 19x2, 23, 26, 31, 32, 33x2, 36, Sig SP2022, H&K USP .45 full size, P2000sk .357 SIG, Smith & Wesson M&P .40, M&P .45, SW99 .40, Shield 9mm, SD9VE, Taurus PT 145, Ruger LCP.

Currently, I own none of them anymore. As much as I have tried, I just can't warm up to a plastic gun. I realize that not all of the above are striker fired models, but these are the ones I've owned.

The ones I liked best of those listed above were the USP, the P2000sk, and the SP2022. So... I guess I don't really like striker fired guns much either.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Lots of Glocks. The VP9. A 320F. And hopefully soon the CZ P10C.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I currently have 4 different brands: S&W M&P, Walther PPS, Sig P320, and Springfield XDm.

In the past I have owned a S&W Sigma (yeah, I know...), Ruger SR9C, Springfield XD, and Kahr.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The poll is wonky. You can't answer the second question properly if you own more than one brand.

I currently have 11 poly/striker pistols, across 4 brands.

7x Glocks (21, 30, 34, 2x17, 19, 26)
2x Sig P320s (Full Size and Compact 9mms)
1x S&W M&P Compact 9mm
1x Kahr CM9

I previously owned a Springfield XD Service 9mm.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I have zero, but the VP9 is on my short list of must buy.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The poll is wonky. You can't answer the second question properly if you own more than one brand.

I know. I'd like to fix it. How do you set it up for multiple selections?

Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Steyr M9-A1 and a Ruger LCP (that counts as a real gun, right?)

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 Glocks and a Kahr.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
A decent pile across 3 brands - Glock, 320s and one lonely M&P

I've always been ok with the Glocks. The 320s are winning favor over time. The M&P just seems a bit "second" with me, but I doubt I'll get rid of the one I have as it's pretty customized now.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19, PPQ, P320, VP9 and XD9.

Least liked so far is the PPQ.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Glock, Walther, Beretta & SIG

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post