SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Canik mags work in P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canik mags work in P226 Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
Not sure if this is common knowledge but I shot a match with a guy running a Canik TP9 with factory 20-round mags and at some point a helpful gent picked up one of his Canik mags and gave it to me thinking it was one of my 20-round P226 9mm mags. They look identical other than the Canik has witness holes all along the back. Anyway I used it for the rest of the day and don't notice until I got home and was unpacking. I'll get it back to him obviously but just FYI. Slide locked open empty and everything.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hell, now we need to know which guns work with which mags. I'm just curious to see how many mags will work in a given firearm.

Think of the possibilities!

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
226 mags, at least in 9mm, work in the Taurus G2 and G2c.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Canik TP9 mags work in Walther 9mm PPQs as long as the bottom of the Walther grip doesn't interfere w/ the Canik base plate. Makes sense, since the TP9 series is largely influenced by Walther's.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
This is pretty awesome, lol.

If you can really use TP9 20rd mags in a Canik, a P226, a Taurus G2, and a PPQ... these mags might be more universal than Glock mags!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Certainly this makes life a bit easier over at Mec-Gar.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I have a W German 226. I inserted a TP9 mag, and while the mag catch slot matched up, it would not hold the slide back. After that, I didn't bother to check how it fed. YMMV.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Not sure if this is common knowledge but I shot a match with a guy running a Canik TP9 with factory 20-round mags and at some point a helpful gent picked up one of his Canik mags and gave it to me thinking it was one of my 20-round P226 9mm mags. They look identical other than the Canik has witness holes all along the back. Anyway I used it for the rest of the day and don't notice until I got home and was unpacking. I'll get it back to him obviously but just FYI. Slide locked open empty and everything.

The Canik 20 round TP9SFX mags are $29.99 and they are made by Mec Gar.
I compete with it weekly and I've never had any issues with my TP9SFX or the mags.
Nice to know that they will fit a 226

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a 31 round mag for a Berretta P4 or a P96 I forget.?? In 40 S&W and made it fit my Canik. I had to file in for the mag release buttons different place. It does work in the Canik and also my Hi-Power in 40 S&W. I just put it in my PPQ-SC and............... if I push the mag release button it seats and works!!!! Ejected and feeds 9mm dummy rounds well.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Delray Beach Florida | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post