SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P210-A vs. CZ Shadow 2 Custom
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P210-A vs. CZ Shadow 2 Custom Login/Join 
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Looking to buy a shadow 2. There are some options on GB. These seem to vary in price between 1000 and 1500. I will not retire my X5, but use it less. Is it worth the extra money for a "cz custom" gun? I am asking cause I don't know a lot about CZ guns. From what I can tell, seems like a good choice.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned, I originally purchased the stock Shadow 2 and found out, after the fact, that they were oversold. I only upgraded to the 'Custom' because they offered me a significant discount. Without the discount, the difference in price is substantial... around $300+. I don't think the upgrade is worth that much more. With that being said, I admit I haven't fired the stock version, so I really can't say if there's a dramatic improvement over the stock trigger. People rave about the stock version, so it can't be that much less than the Custom... which is extremely nice!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know anything about the CZ Czechmate Parrot? What is the base gun and why is it so expensive? How's the accuracy compare to the Shadow 2?

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Czechmate Parrot is basically a regular Czechmate with different colors. CZ makes a lot of colorful guns for the European market (apparently they love them) and rarely import many to the U.S. The easier to get regular Czechmate (all black) is much more common here. They are pricey because they are high end race guns designed for open division. Though you can configure them for limited division as well. The high price includes a bunch of stuff (mags, parts, very high quality workmanship, etc.).

EDIT = Forgot to answer one of your questions. The base gun is a TacSport. But it's modified quite a bit. The high price really isn't that high when viewed alongside similar guns/packages.It's CZ's premier race gun.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I have a shadow 2.I can honestly say the cz shadow 2 is the softest shooting 9mm gun i have shot.It is a heavy gun,and the trigger is not a 1911 feel.More take up and reset.

But if your like me,and injury's,or age,or arthritis bother your shooting,this is the gun to get.

I compare the recoil to the heavy 226 sport with the big compensator on end.

I am sure you gent's have seen me post about my neck,and 5 fusion's,and how recoil sensitive i am.
I shot 100 rounds through my new shadow 2,and when i was done,i really did not feel like i had shot any gun.

Also,the smaller grip area on the slide to pull slide back, was a non issue for me.

But i am also really looking at that sig 210.I have no qualms typing that i put a lot of trust in 12131 and his thoughts on how he likes the 210

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted a P210 but have never shot one. I have, or have had, dozens of other SIGs and CZ pistols.
I was kind of a hater on the Shadow 2 from reading advertising and owning a few Shadow Customs but I bought one anyway. CZ UB did an excellent job with the one I purchased. Other than changing out the recoil and hammer springs to lighter versions (the first for muzzle flip, the other for reduced DA pull) they are excellent out of the box. I modified mine even more, but it's not necessary. With that said, I'm a fan.
Now, should I buy a P210 without ever firing one? Man, the picture you shared has got me thinking.... I don't shoot my XFives, but maybe the classic P210 design with some improvements and more affordable is up my ally.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
huskerlrrp, first of all, that’s a great avatar!

My opinion is, you have a Shadow 2 and an X Five....a P210 is not going to shoot much better than those guns. Many will argue with this opinion, of course. But I am very happy with my Shadow 2 and X Five pistols. I have no desire to buy anything more than some more 9 mm ammo. Well, maybe a few custom parts for the CZ Smile

Now if you have lots of disposable income and you just want to accumulate target pistols, by all means buy a P210.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
I've always wanted a P210 but have never shot one. I have, or have had, dozens of other SIGs and CZ pistols.

Now, should I buy a P210 without ever firing one? Man, the picture you shared has got me thinking.... I don't shoot my XFives, but maybe the classic P210 design with some improvements and more affordable is up my ally.

All I can say is, if you’re a fan of SIGs, at some time, you’ve got to own a P210. I own some P210s that were made in Switzerland and this new P210-A shoots as nicely as them. That’s not to say the Shadows aren’t terrific, they shoot great as well, at least the one I show above does. But, if I had to choose between the two and I’d never owned a P210, that’s the one I’d pick.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I’m very interested in a Shadow 2 as a USPSA Production gun. I’m a big Glock guy but I also like different guns and the Shadow 2 seems like a good fit. Magazines are comparably priced as well.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up my CZ Shadow 2 today and got to shoot it. My first impressions were that the trigger wasn't as crisp as I was thinking it would be. It definitely had some creep to it. I much preferred the Sig P210 trigger.

The CZ holds a bunch more rounds so I can see why it would be the choice for race gun competitions. For just punching bullseyes so far the P210 is better for me.

These are of course just 1st impressions and I'll be shooting it a lot more. Maybe the trigger will smooth in. We'll see............

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The Shadow 2 was designed specifically to compete in USPSA Production and Limited Minor classes. Out of the box it is a very competent gun but after some tuning it is a work of ballistic art.
My friend that shoots one simply polished some internal components and changed the hammer spring and earned a GM rating this year.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Achieving a GM in any shooting sport is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations to your friend.

One thing I would say that I really like about the CZ is that it is one nice chunk of Metal! LOL I've been shooting so many Polymer guns I've almost forgotten how nice a really solid steel handgun can be. I've recently pulled out a 1911 to compare to HK45 and others and it was heavy but almost clunky in comparison. The CZ was solid AND ergonomic (other than grabbing the skinnier slide!) :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Regarding the CZ triggers.

(And I know sending one off to Cajun or CZ Custom adds another few hundred dollars at minimum)

Got my 75B back from Cajun a few days ago. Shot it just an hour ago. I know what my bill shows, but not 100% accurate on exactly WHAT they do with their trigger jobs. I opted for the $298 Carry Package.

My trigger breaks at 3 pounds, 8 ounces like GLASS. I am way out of practice right now and caught myself with a few bad habits. I still shot this gun like a Champ! Talk about EASY to connect with the target.

I just e mailed Cajun and asked to get in line again, for another trigger job. Going to send off my SP 01 next. $300 isn't exactly coffee or candy money....but it TRANSFORMS these guns...it truly does. WELL worth it IMHO.

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Regarding the CZ triggers.

(And I know sending one off to Cajun or CZ Custom adds another few hundred dollars at minimum)

Got my 75B back from Cajun a few days ago. Shot it just an hour ago. I know what my bill shows, but not 100% accurate on exactly WHAT they do with their trigger jobs. I opted for the $298 Carry Package.

My trigger breaks at 3 pounds, 8 ounces like GLASS. I am way out of practice right now and caught myself with a few bad habits. I still shot this gun like a Champ! Talk about EASY to connect with the target.

I just e mailed Cajun and asked to get in line again, for another trigger job. Going to send off my SP 01 next. $300 isn't exactly coffee or candy money....but it TRANSFORMS these guns...it truly does. WELL worth it IMHO.

FN in MT

A CZ75 with a trigger job made me a believer. If you are interested at some of the areas of improvement, check out David's old thread here...
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=42537.0

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Tooky13, can I use you photo of your CZ? Sweet guns!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Tooky13, can I use you photo of your CZ? Sweet guns!

Of course, no problem. Help yourself Cool

Abraham Lincoln