SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P210-A vs. CZ Shadow 2 Custom
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P210-A vs. CZ Shadow 2 Custom Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
Well, I’m off my self-imposed gun buying moratorium. In early December, I was looking at my purchases for 2017 and found I was well into double digits! I made a resolution to myself saying… “self, no more guns this year!”

So, this is a new year, and I fulfilled my resolution! I decided to start it off with a couple I’ve been wanting for a while. I picked up a SIG P210-A and a CZ Shadow 2 Custom a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been having fun at the range. What a couple of great pistols, both with wonderful triggers.

I was intending to hold off on the P210 to make sure any bugs it might have were worked out before I bought one. However, after reading all the glowing reports on the forum, I decided not to wait. I mean, after seeing ‘12131’ go from a hesitant skeptic a few months back to him posting how happy he is with his new P210 and becoming a real advocate (despite its long extractor!), I was sold.

The Shadow was an easy choice too, as I’ve become more and more of a CZ fan and grown to appreciate what fine guns they make. When they released this latest batch of Shadow 2’s, I decided to get one before they were gone, knowing they can sometimes go a year before producing more. But, I was too late. When I ordered it, the gun shop took my order and then called me back the next day to say their inventory was in error and they’d oversold them. To try and make things right, and keep me as a customer, they told me they’d sell me the Custom version for a significant discount and I agreed.

Anyhow, there’s been recent threads asking about which one would be better to get and, after having them both for the lengthy time of two weeks, I’d be hard pressed to pick one over the other. Deciding which has the better trigger is like splitting hairs. They’re so similar, I can’t tell the difference. I’ve got about 500 rounds on each and they’ve both been exceptional with absolutely no hiccups whatsoever with a variety of ammo.

Here they are, along with targets I shot today. Mind you, I’m no great shakes when it comes to shooting, but these pistols make me look pretty good. After plinking with them for about a hundred rounds, I shot the targets with 25 rounds each at 15 yards. I had a couple of fliers with each, but overall, decent groups. Which is the best? If 10 shooters tried them both, I’d be willing to bet they’d split 5 to 5 when it came to choosing one over the other. You can’t go wrong, they make shooting as enjoyable as it gets!

BTW, I changed the Shadow grips to the Titanium color, thought I’d give them a try. Not sure yet, may go back to black.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
after seeing ‘12131’ go from a hesitant skeptic a few months back to him posting how happy he is with his new P210 and becoming a real advocate (despite its long extractor!), I was sold.

The Swiss and German P210s' extractors are also long/external, really. So, that's ok. Big Grin

Btw, nice job on both guns. Cool

Q

Posts: 26386 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of USP45T
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t decide which of these 2 to get. I have both on layaway but probably won’t see either for a few months. Nice shootin’.

P220ST P226/9 556 X5L1/9

Posts: 381 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
A pair of beauties, nice shooting.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Sweet pair of pistols and nice shooting Tooky13. Cool

My LGS has a factory shoot coming up in early March and I am hoping I have a chance to try both out.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Got an email from Kygunco earlier today and they had new CZ Shadow 2 Product Code:CZ-91254 for $976 shipped and in stock if anyone is interested.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got to fondle a new 210 on Friday, for about 30:00, it was a slow day, and wow, what a beautiful pistol!! I haven’t been so impressed with a gun before, visually. It felt so comfortable in my hands, and the quality was very evident.
I’ve also shot a SP-01 Shadow 1 a good bit, and it was amazing. Something tells me that if I could shoot a 210, I’d be hocking SOMETHING just to get one in lay away. Super nice gun!!

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love your new toys. Good shooting.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I've become interested in both of these lately as well, as I keep reading great things. I stared at the groups for a while trying to decide which one is better and it's too darn close to call.

Do you notice any difference in recoil or overall handling between the two? I'm sure you weren't rapid shooting, but do you notice one seems to come back on target faster or more naturally at all? I'd really hate to have to buy both... ;-)

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New to the forum. I do own Sig products and always wanted a P210. I didn't realize that they released an American version, then spotted one in the LGS. It's now top on my wish list.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Do you notice any difference in recoil or overall handling between the two? I'm sure you weren't rapid shooting, but do you notice one seems to come back on target faster or more naturally at all? I'd really hate to have to buy both... ;-)

You’re right, it wasn’t rapid shooting. And, as I mentioned, you can’t go wrong with either one. Both are all steel, so they’re not lightweights, which helps minimize recoil. As they’re shown in the photos (with empty mags), the P210 weighs in at about 38.5 oz and the CZ is about 46.5 oz. Plus, the CZ holds more than twice the rounds of the P210. So, if your shooting the CZ with a full mag, the weight would be significantly more, which would further reduce recoil. That’s not saying there’s that much recoil to begin with, it's minimal with them both.

When I shot the targets, I only loaded the CZ with 8 rounds, trying to make things as even as possible. Both of them also have fiber optic front sights, so getting back on target quickly is no problem. As shown, the P210 wood grips are much more ergonomic than the relatively flat aluminum CZ grips. I’m still undecided, the aluminum grips look cool, but I may end up changing to some G10’s with more of a palm swell to make them a little more comfy.

Don’t fret too much about having to buy them both, it’s not such a burden. Wink

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I like the Shadow 2 so much, I have 2! Where did you come by the titanium grips?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Sweet! I like the Shadow 2 so much, I have 2! Where did you come by the titanium grips?

I got the grips from Armory Craft. They also carry, in stock, SIG X5 & X6's.
www.ArmoryCraft.com

Abraham Lincoln

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Got an email from Kygunco earlier today and they had new CZ Shadow 2 Product Code:CZ-91254 for $976 shipped and in stock if anyone is interested.

Tried to buy it and it was sold out. They did have the more expensive urban grey model. I think they are out of them now. ;-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:

Tried to buy it and it was sold out. They did have the more expensive urban grey model. I think they are out of them now. ;-)

Frown Thanks for the update.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:

Frown Thanks for the update.

I'll let you know how the Urban Grey one shoots. Thanks for the Link. :-D

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to shoot a buddy's tuned up Shadow 2 in a USPSA match a couple of weeks ago.
Hands down the BEST production and limited minor gun for the money.
Curious to see the P210 compared to it as they don't overlap in purpose much.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey T13

Congrats on two awesome pistols !

When you say that the CZ is a "Shadow 2 Custom" does that mean it was from Angus and the boys ?

I have handled and dry fired a bit a stock Shadow 2 and liked it very much. Was just wondering how much better the worked over model is ??

Color me envious ! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Nice pair of pistols! I have a P210A and it’s a keeper. I’ve been looking at getting either a CZ tactical sport blue or orange. The CZ might have to wait a bit since I just ordered another Wilson EDC X9.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
Hey T13

Congrats on two awesome pistols !

When you say that the CZ is a "Shadow 2 Custom" does that mean it was from Angus and the boys ?

I have handled and dry fired a bit a stock Shadow 2 and liked it very much. Was just wondering how much better the worked over model is ??

Color me envious ! Big Grin

The Shadow 2 Custom was worked over by CZ Custom here in Mesa, AZ. I haven't shot, or dry fired, the stock version, so I can't compare them. I can say the Custom has a very, very nice trigger. Very comparable to the P210-A.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

Abraham Lincoln