SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210-6 magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210-6 magazines Login/Join 
posted
Looks like trying to find magazines for the P210 is an impossible task. Anyone have any leads on where I can pick up magazines for a P210-6?

Posts: 9 | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Buy Legend magazines and a stack of 225 base plates. You need to file the back of the 225 base plates down a touch where the 210 mag catch engages it, and you'll be gtg. Less than half the cost.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Buy Legend magazines and a stack of 225 base plates. You need to file the back of the 225 base plates down a touch where the 210 mag catch engages it, and you'll be gtg. Less than half the cost.

Hey Shack. You mean P225 baseplates correct? I've spent three hours searching for magazines. I didn't realize there was a solution using the legend mags and P225 base plates. Thanks for the info.

posted Hide Post
Then you have to find legend and 225 mags. Roco has been source for mags fwiw

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10994 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I've seen magazines quite often on GB. Nice ones normally sell for $150 each, give or take. Here's one that is in 'well used' condition: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/676170549

It's not mine and I do not know the seller!

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2190 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made a so called "frankenmag" a few years ago for my 210-6 using a Legend mag and a 225 base plate. Works great !

Mike

Posts: 117 | Location: Schererville, IN | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The P225 baseplate is an option, but not necessary. I just ground a flat spot on the Legend magazine baseplate.

Legend_Mod2_zps52650780 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Legend_Mod_zps7922f599 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
The P225 baseplate is an option, but not necessary. I just ground a flat spot on the Legend magazine baseplate.

Legend_Mod2_zps52650780 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Legend_Mod_zps7922f599 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Nice job Gary! Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a winner! I'll buy a couple of Legend magazines and grind them down.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I used an old style P210 stamped floorplate on a new Legend mag. Required no modification,fit perfectly, works perfectly in old and new guns.

Wonder what SIG was thinking when they made the magazines non-interchangeable by using a floorplate just a tiny bit too thick at the rear?

Old P210s don't matter and a new floorplate, with slight finger rest, will look new and improved?

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At one time Roco Firearms had floorplates made for the legend magazines where they were compatible with the swiss guns. They looked nice.
Not sure if they still have these or not. Basically what Gary did.

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I filed my Legend floorplate - but a bit more radically than Gary. I cut a notch that gets the back 1/4" down to the same dimensions as a stamped mag floor plate.

I posted a thread about it in 2014, but it is lost in time, I guess.

Posts: 1847 | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*Follow up - I was fine with grinding down the base plates on the legend magazines, but I ran across a guy selling NIB Swiss P210 base plates for $20 a piece so I bought 6 and swapped out the base plates on the legend magazines. Not cheap, mags were $67 each plus $20 per plate, but they function perfectly. Picture shows the original swiss mag on the left and legend mag w/swiss plate on right.