SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My first P228
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first P228 Login/Join 
Picture of jmarv
posted
I went to a local gun show last weekend, and was a little surprised to find a KF P228 in such nice condition. I was hoping to find a well used 229 for a cheap price, seeing a 228 for a fair price was even better. After looking it over pretty quickly, I told the seller I'd take. At the time, I didn't even know that it did come with the original box, manual, and test target. That was pretty nice, having a test target is another first for me.

Overall, I'm incredibly happy with the gun and its condition. There are a couple minor scuffs on the slide, but no scratches or handling marks on the frame, and no wear on the frame rails.

Joe
_______
P6, P226 .40, P232, SP2009 (Schwyz), P220 9mm (Geneva), P226 9mm (St. Gallen), P320SC

Posts: 465 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find. I did not see what you paid. Never see a gun that nice at any shows I have been to.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I thought I'd found a nice 228 in a LGS several weeks ago, but when they pulled it out of the case it was an M11-A1. The other day the tag still said P228 versus M11-A1. Kinda thought they'd figure out the difference by now...

If I ever find a nice P228 like yours I'll snap it up, too.

Enjoy that new beauty!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Very nice. If you're looking the 13 round mags, check out the classified, not mine.

Posts: 3509 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Nice find. I did not see what you paid. Never see a gun that nice at any shows I have been to.

I paid 575 for it. The last time I saw a 228 at my local show, it was a batch of the Israeli turn-ins. They wanted 550 for them, and they were in rough shape! I had kind of regretted not getting one of those, but only because I haven't seen a 228 locally since then.

Joe
_______
P6, P226 .40, P232, SP2009 (Schwyz), P220 9mm (Geneva), P226 9mm (St. Gallen), P320SC

Posts: 465 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It doesn't get any better than that. Congrats! Smile

And, I like the thread title, your "first" P228. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
She's a beaut; probably the finest all around pistol Sig ever produced.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Thanks! We all have to start somewhere... Smile

Joe
_______

Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
A little honest wear....love it!
Congrats!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmarv:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Thanks! We all have to start somewhere... Smile

Meaning, more to come. Wink

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Let me know if you find another in similar shape for same price. Have fun.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol. You'd pay 1.5-2x that price in CA. Glad I bought mine when I did.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome find! Stories like this make me want to go to more gun shows.

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
She's a beaut; probably the finest all around pistol Sig ever produced.

Definitely!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice clean P228. It's been fired but not much. Enjoy.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very nice , I picked one up at local gun show a month ago unfired new in box , year 2000 had 10rds. mags all papers paid $650 . was glad to get it!

Posts: 15 | Registered: July 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Excellent pick up! And that is a very fair price.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
Congrats and be careful! Collecting these old SIGs can be very addictive.

Actually... I think you're already hooked.

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, excellent find.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post