SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Various versions of P232?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Various versions of P232? Login/Join 
posted
Can anyone provide me info. or a link to info. regarding the versions of the P232, please?

I know there's an all black one, because I have it. I think it's supposed to be the lightest weight version. I've also seen an all stainless version and, I believe, a black frame with a stainless slide version.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
More importantly, there was a an all German made version and then one with a US made slide that had different slide grooves and sights.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Here’s a pic of my German-made P232SL if it helps.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
And one with a rainbow finished slide...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
The 232 had an all black with alloy frame. A two tone with black alloy frame and silver stainless slide. A full stainless. The early stainless had 232SL on the slides. Later ones just had 232. Early models the slide serrations were smaller and slightly angled. The later models they were larger and straight up and down. There was also the Rainbow color. There was supposed to be a 22lr version but they were to be released about the time the Sig import ban happened. There was at least one review of the 22lr on one website.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had the blued version and loved the look of it and how it shot, but unless I wore a leather shooting glove, I'd get sliced by that slide.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post