SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210A easily available to Europeans?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210A easily available to Europeans? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Europeans could self-import P210A pistols from a US retailer, I assume, but I’m wondering if European retailers offer the P210A. OTD would probably know. And the price there?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Considering there are tons of US made SIGs being sold over Germany, the P210A should be no exception.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for those photos. SIG will have to make the guns bigger if the information that has to be stamped on the slides and frames increases very much. At least they’re not required to have the “Be careful that you don’t shoot your eye out or kill your cat” warning in all the languages where they’re sold—at least not yet. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Of course, those are not mine. They are from Tim Rothe's website.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Thanks for those photos. SIG will have to make the guns bigger if the information that has to be stamped on the slides and frames increases very much. At least they’re not required to have the “Be careful that you don’t shoot your eye out or kill your cat” warning in all the languages where they’re sold—at least not yet. Wink

Don't worry. There are plenty more real estate on the other side of the guns. Big Grin

Q

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
I doubt it’s going available in large volumes. There’s a few probably coming and will be imported for collectors. SIGSauer would compete its own market if they would offer the US version beside the Legend. It’s also doubtful if the EU market would accept the US made version as a P210. SIGSauer would probably face the same resistance amongst recreational shooters in EU the way they experienced it when they introduced the SG556 in the US and I think they rather pick up on of the well preserved original P210 or a Legend from the second hand market instead. For serious competition shooter the US version would be more of a handicap the a benefit because it does not fit the rules for popular pistol events anymore and the events it would fit in, it would be as outdated as the P210. YMMV because in each EU country various shooting disciplines are offered. It might be possible that there is a niche market where shooters awaited the US version.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Europe, we only want German made SIGs... Big Grin

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No in Europe we want only the P210 swiss made, the german model is not better, i have a P49 from the Danish army and will never buy a p210 legend or american, nothing to compare.
The swiss P210 are build like tanks and last forever

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Toto, "nothing to compare"? Swiss models, "build like tanks and last forever". I don't think that the German, or American, models have been around long enough to know whether or not they too, "are built like tanks and last forever". I've had a few Swiss and German P210s, and now an American model too. They all seem to be very well fitted and finished, very accurate and reliable. Nothing has broken on any of my American or German P210s, so perhaps they are built like tanks too? I think it might take another half Century or so, as the Swiss 210s have had, to determine if the German and/or American versions last forever.....

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
No in Europe we want only the P210 swiss made, the german model is not better, i have a P49 from the Danish army and will never buy a p210 legend or american, nothing to compare.
The swiss P210 are build like tanks and last forever

Umm, ok. I'm sorry, but folks who speak out of their asses are not to be taken seriously. "nothing to compare"? Based on your personal experience with all three? Show me your data, and I'll take back everything I said.

Q

posted Hide Post
So you know here in switzerland we know a little something about the P210 wich is the most used in our federal shooting,
So even if the legend is a great gun there was some return to factory IIRC for broken parts and if you google a little for legend problems you'll find some infos, i've never heard the same with the swiss model because they were made in switzerland with attention to details, handfitting etc...
You cannot imagine how the P210 is praised here
This gun really rocks.
I'm shooting since 25 years and i've never seen one having a problems.
There's thousands and thousands here you cannot imagine, every gunshop has them in display,
The legend sales here are poor compared to the P210, so when we say the swiss model is better perhaps you should listen!
These guns are shot from April to October in our federal ranges since 69 Years, with no loss in accuracy or trouble.
I'm not saying the Legend is bad, but for me it's a current model and since 15 years i've seen the quality of guns going down.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's thousands and thousands here you cannot imagine, every gunshop has them in display,
The legend sales here are poor compared to the P210, so when we say the swiss model is better perhaps you should listen!

Not to dogpile on you, but perhaps that's the reason why people are skeptical of the thought that the Swiss might know better. Exposure counts.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's thousands and thousands here you cannot imagine, every gunshop has them in display,The legend sales here are poor compared to the P210, so when we say the swiss model is better perhaps you should listen!

Still don't see any hard data.

Oh, btw, notice I'm not badmouthing the Swiss. I know how superb a gun it is, and I like mine very much. But, the German and the American shoot as well as the Swiss. Their accuracies are similar, in my hands. As to "build like tanks and last forever", we'll just have to wait now, don't we? Oh, btw, did you realize that, after a thousand rounds through the American, the barrel showed zero visible wear? Zero. Smile

Q

posted Hide Post
I'm not bashing german or american made models, but i give you, to respond to the OP, the opinion here in Europe, we have tons of swiss models on the market why would we buy a Legend or American that costs more and are no more accurate or reliable? The american is an evolution of the original model with a different barrel lock up, and for me has lost the beautiful lines of the original model.
A few people buy the legend because of the beavertail to avoid hammerbite and the magazin button.
French people come here in switzerland to buy the iconics P210, not the German models.
Just to say the demand for the German and american model will not be high, until the swiss model are no more available.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The question was about availability in Europe. Regardless of your expertise, it does not change the opinion over here. Toto has mentioned it. We do have plenty of original P210’s and plenty of Legends and that is what the market is asking for. The reason the Legend seems to less popular in Switzerland relates to the sheer amount of available P210’s on the second hand market, while it is a matter of competition rules in Germany.
This US version might be a good pistol, but if it was not for marketing purposes it would have gotten its own designation with all its improvements. It’s not a P210 as we know it and you probably will get the “Dude! really?”look if you want to sell it as a P210 over here. It would fly as a P211 or P21x, but not as a P210, so don’t be too offended. We are understanding something different as a P210. So when there is a cotton ball fight over the P210, expect the Swiss bashing the Germans and visa versa, but don’t expect the P21x to be a part of the game until it has proven its merits in an old school target competition @25/50 meters and shot one handed, standing on your own feet. That is the entry ticket.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Speedwobble:
In Europe, we only want German made SIGs... Big Grin

Or Swiss-made ...

Posts: 15 | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post