SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P227, SAS, Nitron
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P227, SAS, Nitron Login/Join 
posted
A local gun shop in south Florida had this with original box, 2 mags, and all the papers. Box said made in 2016. Was priced at $599 but he lowered it to $525. He gave me a good price on a trade in Beretta 3032 Inox, so I walked out with it.

I borrowed this from the net but mine is just like it.

The web has mostly good reviews on this gun. Was some mag issues early on (2012 or so, I think), but they are supposed to be resolved. Believe this is a second generation with “Sig Lights” which still are very bright.

Glad it is the “carry” model with a 3.9 bbl, and no rail. Believe I am going to really like it.

The case and gun looks brand new. Looks like it was never fired.

Any comments and/or advice will be welcome. Heading back to Michigan for deer hunting. Will give a range report then.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 417 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Great buy of a great gun. Nothing bad about it, unless you hate the short trigger. If you like the short trigger, then everything is great. If you hate it, then swapping it out for a good old fat trigger is easy.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great pistol at a really good price. I've stuck with the 10 round mags as some issues originally cropped up with the 14 rounders.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new pistol, you done did good on that price.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I hope to have a P227 someday...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new edition

Did he have more than one?

I would love to add a SAS to my family

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Sweet deal for a really nice pistol. Looking forward to the range report.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have fondled and looked long and hard at getting an SAS 227. But I always take a pass. I have a Dan Wesson Guardian to scratch my 1911 itch and I just don't need it. (More importantly, even with flexible thinking, cannot JUSTIFY it.)

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Great score!

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Great buy for a SAS. I have the Carry model and it is a fine pistol. I have only 10 round mags and they are the best. It is too bad that the P227 didn't do so well.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I've also been curious about the P227. I look forward to your range results with it. Congrats!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FOLLOW UP INFO ON MY NEW 227

Just got home and starting to prepare the gun for the range.

Looks absolutely new with maybe a factory test fire only back in 2016. Not a bit of lube on the rails which seemed a little strange.

Still can’t believe the deal (with the value of the trade and my cash outlay about $425).

I know what the grip removal tool is, but what is the other little plastic tool looking piece?

Will try to get to the range next week. Ordered some G-10 tac grips (2 sets/ only $17 each). Will try and cut a pair down as per instructions on the web I saw last week.

Was going to get the last pair of Hogue, Rosewood grips for about $124 but they may make the grip a little too wide. Any thoughts. Tried to find a set of original Sig Sauer rosewood grips that came on some sort of custom model 227, but the Hogue ones were the only ones that came up in my search.

Just some thoughts.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 417 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post