SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 40 is here, and it had a great first day.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 40 is here, and it had a great first day. Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
Swung by the shop yesterday and picked up the Glock 40 I ordered last month. As it so happened, I got a Trijicon RMR and Surefire X300U-A on sale last week that also arrived yesterday. This thing is SWEET!! I love the size, and with the beavertail backstrap, it fits my hand perfectly.

I couldn't wait to try it out, and as it so happens we had a local indoor USPSA match, so I figured, what the hell, I'll run it!! Finding a holster what a pain in the ass, but I ended up just grabbing a cheap SERPA and cutting the catch tab out. I have orders out to a few places for some good kydex, but this was the only match I'll run it in most likely.

It wasn't all that hard to control, but definitely had a pop to it. I ran Herters 180gr, just because it was the cheapest stuff I had on hand, but I managed to get all my brass back.

Videos below

Next is to take the slide down, coat it FDE and then reassemble with the RMR.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zacsquatch,

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
If you get tired of the G40 trigger, try a Zev.
The Zev trigger resurrected my relationship with my G41.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Good luck keeping it the way it is. I wasn't able to. As Billy says, replacing the trigger would be a first step. Then the connector. Then...

Well if you grab it one day and realize that it has become a .38 Super with +40 round magazines...

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it have the smooth trigger on it or are they all the ribbed type? The smooth ones are not bad but the ribbed/stepped down type tend to be a pain. I agree with the other posters about swapping triggers. I have a couple different types and must say it is like shooting a different gun. I have a ZEV on one and a Kineti-Tech on another.The ZEV has a slight curve and the KT is flat which I prefer more. It seems like a waste but until you try it...

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Does it have the smooth trigger on it or are they all the ribbed type? The smooth ones are not bad but the ribbed/stepped down type tend to be a pain. I agree with the other posters about swapping triggers. I have a couple different types and must say it is like shooting a different gun. I have a ZEV on one and a Kineti-Tech on another.The ZEV has a slight curve and the KT is flat which I prefer more. It seems like a waste but until you try it...

It came with a smooth trigger, and I don't mind it as much as I thought I would. I'm going to get a few hundred rounds through it as is before visiting the trigger issue.

Slide release is another store, I'm getting a wider one ASAP.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it came with a smooth trigger. Hopefully it will be something you will get accustomed to. This may be a solution for the flat style slide release the G40 comes with. At least they work for me.

I would definitely check to see the product fits your Generation and model of Glock, as well as its size, before you buy.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link! I ordered a custom Kenai chest holster from Gunfighters Inc today, and finished this last night. Just a few coats of Allumahyde Magpul FDE and installed the goodies. I blotched the tape job on the Surefire, but I want it all to wear down naturally and I think it will look cool as it's used.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^ ^ ^ ^ NICE! ^ ^ ^ ^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One thing that will be an added plus it shooting it a bunch and realize you rarely have to clean the light.

Now if it somehow began sporting a FDE mag release & baseplates. We would understand.

I was wondering how we went this far with no other Glock Pics? Big Grin

Posts: 9111 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Lucky.
I ordered my 20SF back in April still waiting. Last week Glock rep said 2 more weeks Frown

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25352 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Very sweet. Yeah a G40 would carry that new blocky whatchamacallit Aimpoint red dot very well.

10mm Glocks have been hard to order the past few weeks. G20s are almost nonexistent save for a few FDE Gen4s that Lipsey's had (I grabbed a couple for the shop). But I can still find an occasional G40 loitering around in distributors' inventory. I haven't had much of an itch to buy any handguns these past months but a G40 has been gnawing at my brain lately. Now that there's actually reasonably priced ammo for it from S&B--I know it's on the weaker side, but it cycles fine through a G20--I've run out of excuses for not having one.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Very sweet. Yeah a G40 would carry that new blocky whatchamacallit Aimpoint red dot very well.

10mm Glocks have been hard to order the past few weeks. G20s are almost nonexistent save for a few FDE Gen4s that Lipsey's had (I grabbed a couple for the shop). But I can still find an occasional G40 loitering around in distributors' inventory. I haven't had much of an itch to buy any handguns these past months but a G40 has been gnawing at my brain lately. Now that there's actually reasonably priced ammo for it from S&B--I know it's on the weaker side, but it cycles fine through a G20--I've run out of excuses for not having one.

Weeks? Try months my LSG put my 20SF order in April. Called the rep last week said hopefully we’ll see it in 2 weeks.

The Sig 180gr Fmj is the best 10mm practice ammo I have come across. Fairly cheap and not underpowered but not so hot it is not pleasant to shoot a few boxes for an outing.

————————————————

Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Weeks? Try months my LSG put my 20SF order in April. Called the rep last week said hopefully we’ll see it in 2 weeks.

The Sig 180gr Fmj is the best 10mm practice ammo I have come across. Fairly cheap and not underpowered but not so hot it is not pleasant to shoot a few boxes for an outing.

I've been hitting Academy stores for the Sig stuff at $24 a box. Local shop sells S&B and Armscor for $17.75 a box and I shot 100 rounds of the Herters stuff I got from Cabelas at $18/box. Once I find what I like, I'll buy a case and shoot it all before working up some loads with the brass.

Going out in the morning to sight in the RMR and irons. We have steel at 200 on post, so I'll try and get some hits on it too.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:
...working up some loads with the brass.

One thing you may need to keep in mind is that many Glock barrels don't have a fully supported chamber.
Doesn't mean much unless you reload and notice a slight bulge near the case rim. Mostly 10mm & 357Sig.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Lucky.
I ordered my 20SF back in April still waiting. Last week Glock rep said 2 more weeks Frown

I’ve been having a hell of a time trying to get a g20 gen 4. I almost broke down and got a ruger sr1911 10mm instead but i decided to wait it out.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
quote:
Lucky.

I’ve been having a hell of a time trying to get a g20 gen 4. I almost broke down and got a ruger sr1911 10mm instead but i decided to wait it out.

I am building a 10mm AR that uses Glock 20 mags so having the mag interchangeability is worth the wait.

————————————————