SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320C RX On A Subcompact Grip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320C RX On A Subcompact Grip Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone put a 320 Compact RX 9mm on a subcompact frame? I'm trying to make a 320C RX an EDC but find it just a little to large. My first choice would be to try a Compact small grip module but can't find one anywhere, so thinking of trying the subcompact grip module. Wondering if the balance of the gun would be off using the subcompact grip module.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried a RX slide specifically, but I've tried my Compact slide on a Subcompact frame.

Personally, I don't like the SC grip. The geometry of the SC grip is fairly different from the Compact grip, so it doesn't fit my hand well. In addition, the abbreviated beavertail hits my thumb knuckle just right when shooting, which makes it a bit painful to shoot after a couple magazines.

However, it doesn't feel unbalanced. The extra half inch or so of slide length doesn't make much of a difference compared to the SC slide.

And the good news is that the grips are only ~$40, and can be resold fairly easily, so there's no real downside to giving it a shot for yourself.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this set up, extremely easy to cc.

This is w/ 17 round x-grip, excellent balance and the grip is very snug and doesn't slide like the 15 round xgrip

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I will give the subcompact a try. The reason I asked before trying it is the problem of finding the grip modules. There seems to be a lot available in all sizes for the 45 and not much else. You guys have some nice looking guns.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig78257:
Thanks for the replies. I will give the subcompact a try. The reason I asked before trying it is the problem of finding the grip modules. There seems to be a lot available in all sizes for the 45 and not much else. You guys have some nice looking guns.

Did you check the classifieds for a subcompact grip module?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post