SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19X coming Jan 22
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19X coming Jan 22 Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
A video for those who care:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/gXPd6ZFWryM

Personally, I don't see the point. I don't see anything this gun will do that a 17.5 wouldn't do at least as well, if not better. I don't see the longer barrel length as a negative, given the grip length. If you want the shorter barrel, you might as well just get a 19, and have it be easier to conceal.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I keep seeing this thing posted all over my Facebook.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I keep seeing this thing posted all over my Facebook.

Higher magazine velocity?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I just put a deposit on one.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
All the benifits of a hard to conceal frame with the drawbacks of a shorter sight radius. I don't get the point of this mullet-handgun.

I was thinking the same thing initially, but it's obviously designed as a duty gun not so much for concealed carry. I'm thinking it may be a well balanced pistol with the full-size grip, 17-round mag and 4" barrel. I wouldn't need one myself since I either carry them concealed and prefer the G19 frame or use them at the range and prefer the G17 barrel length/sight radius.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
All the benifits of a hard to conceal frame with the drawbacks of a shorter sight radius. I don't get the point of this mullet-handgun.

Bingo.

It sure won't do anything my Gen 3 Glock 17 won't do. The goal with my 17 is to shoot it enough in competition and training that I eventually wear out a barrel. One Glock is good enough for me.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I love it. All the benefits of a 17 grip with the balence of a 19 slide.

I could care less if it's concealable. Glock didn't build this for the concealed carry market; they didn't build it for the competition market. They built it because people saw their MHS entry and said "that cool! offer it commercially" so they did. Glock didn't make it "backwards", or "wrong", they built something people saw and wanted. That's what businesses do.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking on a youtube video( Here ) , it appears the 19X takes specific Magazine base plates.

I wish it came in other finishes besides the FDE.

:edit: Coyote finish.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
it appears the 19X takes specific Magazine base plates.

It won't work with Gen 5 baseplates, which have an extended front lip, due to the funky protrusion that hangs down on the front of the G19X grip.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, all the complaining about the grip length on the 19x yet nobody seemed to say a word about the 320 x-carry, which actually has a slightly longer than the 19x grip.

What did someone just say? “All the benefits of a hard to conceal frame with the drawbacks of a shorter sight radius”. Don’t remember the 320 x-carry ever being referred to as a mullet gun. LOL
But i guess because it’s a glock, the pitchforks come out.

To each is own, I for one love all the choices we have.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
it appears the 19X takes specific Magazine base plates.

It won't work with Gen 5 baseplates, which have an extended front lip, due to the funky protrusion that hangs down on the front of the G19X grip.

I think the 19x's setup in that area is better than stock.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if we’ll see a 26X in the future, a 26 slide on a 19 frame. That would be in a similar boat to the 19x but more concealable and have “better balance”

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I like Colt Commanders, Beretta Centurions, Sig Carry's, and Glock 19X's....and judging by the last 50 years of firearms manufacturers so do lots of other people.

Will I buy one? Not until they offer it in black. I am trying to purge my life of "FDE", "Coyote", "Tan" and anything else that really just means brown. I am done with brown. Black, or maybe OD, and I will buy. Brown is a dirty color to me.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I like Colt Commanders, Beretta Centurions, Sig Carry's, and Glock 19X's....and judging by the last 50 years of firearms manufacturers so do lots of other people.

Will I buy one? Not until they offer it in black. I am trying to purge my life of "FDE", "Coyote", "Tan" and anything else that really just means brown. I am done with brown. Black, or maybe OD, and I will buy. Brown is a dirty color to me.

I’m probably buying 2 just because the color. I like the FDE look, but for work I will have to cerakoat one in black..,

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
Funny, all the complaining about the grip length on the 19x yet nobody seemed to say a word about the 320 x-carry, which actually has a slightly longer than the 19x grip.

What did someone just say? “All the benefits of a hard to conceal frame with the drawbacks of a shorter sight radius”. Don’t remember the 320 x-carry ever being referred to as a mullet gun. LOL

To each is own, I for one love all the choices we have.

Not to mention the P320, in all it's variants, is taller, longer, wider, and heavier than equivalent Glocks.

haters always gonna hate. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
No thanks....love that they are changing up glocks but there is a reason both my G17s are cut down to take G19 mags.

Now G26 G5 interests me.

Or a G20 with a G19 length grip.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
Don’t remember the 320 x-carry ever being referred to as a mullet gun. LOL

Not to mention the P320, in all it's variants, is taller, longer, wider, and heavier than equivalent Glocks.

haters always gonna hate. Big Grin

IMO a pistol with a 19 slide on a 17 frame is just goofy. Voshterkoff's mullet comment is new to me, and it's funny.

The brand of pistol of such size means nothing to me. Glock, Sig, FN, Smith, Beretta, Colt, Ruger, Walther, Wilson, Nighthawk, Hi-Point -- anything of similar dimensions is.....a mullet.

And yeah, I hate Glocks. Hate them enough that my G17 doesn't get to be a queen in the back of the gun safe. Hate my G17 enough to use it as my competition pistol in multi-gun competitions. Hate it enough to have thousands of rounds down the tube.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post