SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19X coming Jan 22
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19X coming Jan 22 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any pre orders available? Not a fan of fde but I’m digging the size configuration.

Posts: 10 | Registered: September 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
https://www.gtdist.com/glock-1...5-5lb-le-pistol.html

$533.50. With night sights

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sphill:
If people like the color, any Glock can be cerakoted.

I don't care to pay the extra to have it cerakoted, and I'm not going to mess with a cerakoted frame.

I'm interested to see this metal color treatment that they used on the G19X slide.

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Here's the "baby poop" OD from the late 2000s:

I have this one! I never knew it was baby poop. Come to think of it, the Gerber mashed peas do resemble the OD frame....

I was thinking of trading it for something all black.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if it will come in all black?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I wanted one until I saw the street price on them.
If I could get Blue Label pricing I'd be all over it.

I'll pass at $750.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
That 19 MHS is sweet!

Love the safety.

HK Ag

Posts: 3501 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the blue label price?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
$530ish

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm so confused.

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok well now I need to set aside some cash for the 19x AND the G26 gen 5 which appears to be reality accordingly the video.
I have accepted that this will never end until I am in the casket and even then I told the wife and kids to throw a couple pistols in before they close the lid in case the ancient Egyptians had it right and I can use them in the hereafter

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I wanted one until I saw the street price on them.
If I could get Blue Label pricing I'd be all over it.

I'll pass at $750.

Ay chingora! Es muy costoso!

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The $749 price for the G19X is MSRP. That's the same MSRP as other Gen 5 Glocks with factory night sights. Even a standard sight Gen 5 has a MSRP of $699.

But you can get a night sight Gen 5 for around $600, and a standard sight Gen 5 for around $530.

So I imagine the actual price for the G19X will be around $600. (At least once the "gotta be first" feeding frenzy dies off.)

And I wouldn't be surprised if the $530 Blue Label price listed by GT Dist turns out to be on the high side. I got my Blue Label Gen 5 G19 several months ago for around $410 (with standard sights). A Blue Label Glock with night sights only costs another $60 or so.

Therefore, I expect that some Blue Label dealers would have the G19X for closer to $470 or so.

Unless Glock artificially bumped up the Blue Label price of the G19X.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
Anyone know if it will come in all black?

Right now no talk about anything except what was shown in the announcement and videos. I would expect if they are hot sellers, other colors will be offered.

I want one and I'm okay with the color. I'm a little put off by the pricing though. I was expecting it to be the same as a Gen5.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I'm a little put off by the pricing though. I was expecting it to be the same as a Gen5.

See my post just above yours. It is the same.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
If people like the color, any Glock can be cerakoted.

But will it run correctly? Too many of the distributor-sourced Cerakote Glocks have had problems with reliable cycling. And we've had customers citing the same sorts of stoppages with factory Cerakote Glocks. If the Cerakote goes on and into the rail channels too thickly, it apparently doesn't take much to slow down the action of the slide enough to render a Glock unreliable.

quote:
While I poo pooed the Gen 5 for various reasons, I find the G19X a brilliant move on Glocks part. After watching several reviews on it, I'll be adding one to my stable. They fixed the hog nose, I think the G19 length combined with the 17 capacity is something every 19 owner wished for. I see people spending 30-40.00 for an extended mag baseplate. Now there is no need.

The thing I find funny is it seems a lot of gen5 defenders seem to be negative on the 19x.

19+1 from the factory. Brilliant.

Every G19 owner? Not I.

If I wanted 17 rounds in the mag I'd just use a G17 magazine and not fret about the gap between the bottom of the magwell and the top of the base plate. I get that some folks have large hands and will appreciate the X's taller grip. But it's still a move in an undesired direction for guys of smaller stature like myself.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dunno. I don't think my Full FDE G21 looks ugly. And it doesn't look noticeably different from the G19X's color.

(Maybe you're thinking of the original "baby poop" OD green/brown Glocks?)

No. I'm thinking Glock's official FDE. I have a couple, and the older they get the fuglier they look to me. If Glock is indeed using the same shade for the X then it for me is the same amount of fugly.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
But will it run correctly? Too many of the distributor-sourced Cerakote Glocks have had problems with reliable cycling. And we've had customers citing the same sorts of stoppages with factory Cerakote Glocks.

The good news is that the G19X is not Cerakoted.

It use a specific type of FDE-colored Physical Vapor Deposition finish referred to as "nPVD" on the slide. (I assume it's similar to other PVD firearm finishes like Titanium Nitride, or IonBond.) Unlike the various spray-and-bake paint-like finishes like Cerakote, PVD finishes cause no appreciable build-up, so there should be no tolerance issues.

And the frame is molded FDE polymer, not a black frame with a coating.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
All the benifits of a hard to conceal frame with the drawbacks of a shorter sight radius. I don't get the point of this mullet-handgun.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The $749 price for the G19X is MSRP. That's the same MSRP as other Gen 5 Glocks with factory night sights. Even a standard sight Gen 5 has a MSRP of $699.

But you can get a night sight Gen 5 for around $600, and a standard sight Gen 5 for around $530.

So I imagine the actual price for the G19X will be around $600. (At least once the "gotta be first" feeding frenzy dies off.)

And I wouldn't be surprised if the $530 Blue Label price listed by GT Dist turns out to be on the high side. I got my Blue Label Gen 5 G19 several months ago for around $410 (with standard sights). A Blue Label Glock with night sights only costs another $60 or so.

Therefore, I expect that some Blue Label dealers would have the G19X for closer to $470 or so.

Unless Glock artificially bumped up the Blue Label price of the G19X.

I based the $750 price off dealers who are taking pre-orders currently on the 19x. I suppose that will be for the early adopters and those who have to have it "right now." I suppose prices will normalize based on demand and how quickly Glock can produce them. I won't pay $600 for a Glock let alone $750.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post