SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19X coming Jan 22
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19X coming Jan 22 Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Might be neat but for carry, IMHO, they're picking the wrong thing to make bigger and the wrong thing to make smaller.

As I understand it they were not going for concealed carry improvement. More so, it was to aid in duty carry where a large grip was advantages and the shorter slide makes it more comfortable to sit with.

I don't do wholesale open carry, but I could see this configuration as a truck travel gun, or a bedside nightstand gun. Sure a 17 would work for those applications as well. The abbreviated upper might just work better in the situations I've mentioned. I guess we'll see when they actually hit the market. Handling/shooting will do a lot more than pictures and conjecture.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I like it. I've always preferred the 'carry' type pistols, those with the standard grip and shorter slide. And the G17 is my favorite Glock. I personally have no use for the 'opposite' pistol, G19 frame with G17 slide. The fractional increase in sight radius or velocity is meaningless to me, but a better grip with more capacity is something I would go for.

It isn't always about carrying concealed as some people tend to think. And I don't carry a Glock anyway.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I suppose the small grip and longer slide would work okay if I didn't have polar bear mitts. The 19MHS is more my style.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:

Might be neat but for carry, IMHO, they're picking the wrong thing to make bigger and the wrong thing to make smaller.

Was not designed for CC.

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever since Colt introduced the Commander 1911 variant (another failed entry for U.S. Army sidearm competition) in 1950 the full-size grip and shortened slide configuration has been offered by manufacturers. Someone must like it.

Posts: 278 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
But then it's still in the wrong color.... Black or Gray, I'm not owning any more poop brown Glocks.

I'm pretty sure this is a different color than the "tan" (brown) that Glock has been using in its regular line. DoD has had a requirement for a coyote brown color that's slightly darker than FDE, but definitely lighter than the Glock brown. I believe the MHS (and now the G19X) are closer to FDE in color. I hope so at least. I got a full Glock tan G19 sight unseen, and the color is definitely ugly. I was pretty shocked to see it in person. If the G19X is a lighter tan color, I'll be more interested in that than the actual features of the pistol. I'd like to get some spare mags in that color also.

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might seriously consider one if they weren't in that ugly FDE.

Posts: 5 | Location: Seminole, FL | Registered: July 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sootch has a review up on YouTube now. Have to say I'm a little interested.
I like that it comes with steel night sights on it and with the cut out gone on the grip, it probably feels better than the Gen 5.
To me, this is a duty pistol or maybe even a nightstand weapon. I don't think they intended this to be for concealed carry with the longer grip.
As stated before, this is the pistol they gave for the military trials minus the safety. It's growing on me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I don't think they intended this to be for concealed carry with the longer grip.

Even with the longer grip, it would make for a decent concealed carry, depending on your body type. I conceal a G17 regularly.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3ACR_Scout:
quote:
But then it's still in the wrong color.... Black or Gray, I'm not owning any more poop brown Glocks.

I'm pretty sure this is a different color than the "tan" (brown) that Glock has been using in its regular line. DoD has had a requirement for a coyote brown color that's slightly darker than FDE, but definitely lighter than the Glock brown. I believe the MHS (and now the G19X) are closer to FDE in color. I hope so at least. I got a full Glock tan G19 sight unseen, and the color is definitely ugly. I was pretty shocked to see it in person. If the G19X is a lighter tan color, I'll be more interested in that than the actual features of the pistol. I'd like to get some spare mags in that color also.

Well there's Glock original FDE (false dookie excrement), and there's the rest-of-the-world FDE...well, sorta...since everyone and their mother has their own notions of what 'flat dark earth' should look like. Hell, FNH couldn't even make up their mind on which is right with the SCAR and have at least three shades of "FDE" on those guns.

The shade used on the MHS looks like Glock has finally replaced that colorblind guy at the controls of the dye mixing machine. Hopefully he's still MIA when the X goes full bore.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the press release:

https://us.glock.com/news/rele...e-frame-join-forces/

And link:

http://19x.glock.us/

No thanks for me, I've got a G-19 Gen 4 I'm quite happy with. Same for my G-26 and G-43.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
quote:
I'm not owning any more poop brown Glocks.

I'm pretty sure this is a different color than the "tan" (brown) that Glock has been using in its regular line.

I got a full Glock tan G19 sight unseen, and the color is definitely ugly.

Well there's Glock original FDE (false dookie excrement), and there's the rest-of-the-world FDE

The shade used on the MHS looks like Glock has finally replaced that colorblind guy at the controls of the dye mixing machine.

I dunno. I don't think my Full FDE G21 looks ugly. And it doesn't look noticeably different from the G19X's color.

(Maybe you're thinking of the original "baby poop" OD green/brown Glocks?)

Here's my Full FDE G21:

Compared to a G19X:

Here's the "baby poop" OD from the late 2000s:

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already have 3 G19’s so I couldn’t bring myself to get a gen 5. I am getting this one though. OOOh and my bday is right before the release, big 40. Gonna be my over the hill present to myself.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
For those who don't want the lanyard loop, it turns out that's it's a removable insert, much like the various aftermarket "grip plugs".

So you can simply take it out.

I like that I won't have to permanently alter the G19X. My only other polymer framed gun that has an obtrusive lanyard loop like that was my old German SP2022, and I ended up carving the loop off.

Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
https://youtu.be/QS39FdElHos

I hope it comes in black.

Video has been pulled

Try this:

http://19x.glock.us/

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2192 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
There are several video reviews from YouTube guys who received advance samples:

New Glock Model 19X Pistol Review

NEW GLOCK 19X: GLOCK’s MHS Gun Released to the Public

MSRP: $749 (rumors of a Blue Label price abound)

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
This is Glock's attempt at recovering some of the funds they lost competing against the Sig for the new contract.

If people like the color, any Glock can be cerakoted.

In the end it does nothing that a G19 doesn't already do. I own many Glocks, however this won't be one of them.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ironrider:
Ever since Colt introduced the Commander 1911 variant (another failed entry for U.S. Army sidearm competition) in 1950 the full-size grip and shortened slide configuration has been offered by manufacturers. Someone must like it.

I suspect this is largely true because the average gun owner doesn't question what the gun makers and gun writers tell them. Shorter slide but all the size of the larger model? Must be good for carry or else they wouldn't have said so!

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are several video reviews from YouTube guys who received advance samples:

New Glock Model 19X Pistol Review

NEW GLOCK 19X: GLOCK’s MHS Gun Released to the Public

MSRP: $749 (rumors of a Blue Label price abound)

Read that the Blue Label 19X will be # PX1950702, and sell for $533.50, and that is with night sights.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
While I poo pooed the Gen 5 for various reasons, I find the G19X a brilliant move on Glocks part. After watching several reviews on it, I'll be adding one to my stable. They fixed the hog nose, I think the G19 length combined with the 17 capacity is something every 19 owner wished for. I see people spending 30-40.00 for an extended mag baseplate. Now there is no need.

The thing I find funny is it seems a lot of gen5 defenders seem to be negative on the 19x.

19+1 from the factory. Brilliant.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post