SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19X coming Jan 22
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19X coming Jan 22 Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
https://youtu.be/QS39FdElHos

I hope it comes in black.

Video has been pulled

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I want one

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was on the video?

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
What was on the video?

A few glimpses of the side of the gun. Some action shots of a guy shooting it. And highlights of a couple of features, like the Marksman barrel, nPVD slide coating, and full size grip.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will absolutely get one. Love the size, gen 5ish nature and really love the FDE

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The G19X is the commercial version of the G19MHS, Glock's entry in the military's Modular Handgun System competition (which the Sig P320 won). It's just missing the manual safety.

Sort of a "Gen 5 G19 Carry". G19-length slide and barrel, with a G17-length grip. I like that it doesn't have the Gen 5-style half moon cutout in the front of the grip.

I'd rather see a G17-length slide/barrel on a G19-length grip, but I might pick up one of these eventually. In fact, this interests me more than a Gen 5 G17.

quote:
Originally posted by bkc2a:
I wonder what the Glock Marksman Barrel is about?

Same as the Gen 5 Glocks. Glock switched to a different type of rifling, and tweaked the barrel lockup. The result is a barrel that's reportedly more accurate than Gen 1-4 Glocks.
So is the model shown here available in the civilian market? And thanks for the rail info as I really could not recall on my G21.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there any pics of the other side?
Is it an AMBI release?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
So is the model shown here available in the civilian market?

No, the G19MHS is not commercially available. But as mentioned previously, the G19X is basically a G19MHS, just without the manual safety.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Are there any pics of the other side?
Is it an AMBI release?

Not yet. The info and video that came out earlier today are reportedly a leak, and wasn't intended to be released yet. We should know more within the next few weeks. The release date is apparently January 22nd.

Yes, it has an ambi slide release, like the Gen 5.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you Rogue. I like it. I like the mag color and loop. The safety would not be of issue to me. I cant wait to read a few range reports about the new barrel.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Thank you Rogue. I like it. I like the mag color and loop. The safety would not be of issue to me. I cant wait to read a few range reports about the new barrel.

There are several reviews around on the G19.5 which has the same barrel. General consensus is it is more accurate. I have seen some complaints about HST's being somewhat tight in the chamber. I've only shot a handful of 124g HSTs and had zero issues but I'll need to shoot more to put myself at ease as those are my go to carry rounds.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will definitely be getting one.

Posts: 888 | Location: TX | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I'd like a Glock with a safety.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Pretty much an M&P 2.0 with a different take down.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Pretty much an M&P 2.0 with a different take down.

Not really. It's a Gen 5 G19 with a longer grip and a paint job.

posted Hide Post
I think I would like that and buy one. There goes my savings!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Full height grip...personally not one I'd choose to carry. With this frame I may as well have the full length G17 slide and the increased sight radius. At least it doesn't have the thumb safety like the MHS was forced to; no self-respecting Glock should have that abomination of a device.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I agree with the OP in wanting either a G19 with a G17 slide, or G26 with a G19 slide, from the factory.

Might be neat but for carry, IMHO, they're picking the wrong thing to make bigger and the wrong thing to make smaller.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Might be neat but for carry, IMHO, they're picking the wrong thing to make bigger and the wrong thing to make smaller.

Sig made the same odd choice with their various "Carry" models. Short slides on long grips, which is the opposite of what they should be for optimal concealment.

I will say that with the P320 at least, the Carry size balances in the hand better than the Full Size. So in that model, I prefer the Carry size if I want something with a longer grip. (The minimal loss of sight radius doesn't bother me.)

I'm interested to see how this G19X feels.

posted Hide Post
Still haven't shot a G17 of any generation but I liked the feel of the 17.5 better than 19.5. Neither enough to trade for my 19.4 which has had the grooves removed.

Hmmm, not sure about the color either. I'd like it better in full BFG.

Posts: 143 | Registered: August 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post