SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19X coming Jan 22
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19X coming Jan 22 Login/Join 
Picture of pbramlett
posted
https://youtu.be/QS39FdElHos

I hope it comes in black.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the Glock Marksman Barrel is about?

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The G19X is the commercial version of the G19MHS, Glock's entry in the military's Modular Handgun System competition (which the Sig P320 won). It's just missing the manual safety.

Sort of a "Gen 5 G19 Carry". G19-length slide and barrel, with a G17-length grip. I like that it doesn't have the Gen 5-style half moon cutout in the front of the grip.

I'd rather see a G17-length slide/barrel on a G19-length grip, but I might pick up one of these eventually. In fact, this interests me more than a Gen 5 G17.

quote:
Originally posted by bkc2a:

Same as the Gen 5 Glocks. Glock switched to a different type of rifling, and tweaked the barrel lockup. The result is a barrel that's reportedly more accurate than Gen 1-4 Glocks.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
In typical Glock fashion, I am underwhelmed by their newest product.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty cool, I might need to get one.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bkc2a:

Same as on the Gen 5 Glocks. Recessed crown, modified rifling and tighter chamber. The rifling is not quite standard lands and groves, but has higher ridges than polygonal rifling. Provides better accuracy.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I like that it doesn't have the Gen 5-style half moon cutout in the front of the grip.

Me too. What I really want is a Gen 5 without the half moon. What could get me reasonably close is one of these and then do a grip chop to G19 size. But then it's still in the wrong color.... Black or Gray, I'm not owning any more poop brown Glocks.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'd rather see a G17-length slide/barrel on a G19-length grip, but I might pick up one of these eventually.

Yeah, I could be in for that config from the factory. I owned a Commander style 1911, and that concept just isn't for me. I like carrying my 19's over my 17 because the grip length is just about perfect for concealment.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
Looks pretty cool, I might need to get one.

I'll probably drink the Kool-Aid as well.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The external frame-mounted safety is entirely unnecessary.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Yes because it is drop safe. Razz Razz Razz

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No pistol is drop-safe.

The frame mounted manual safety is redundant, and it gets in the way of the Glock's most useful feature; there's nothing between the shooter and the shot but the trigger.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I like it. I really like the lanyard loop. Is that 1 notch rail typical of the civilian models?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
No pistol is drop-safe.

The frame mounted manual safety is redundant, and it gets in the way of the Glock's most useful feature; there's nothing between the shooter and the shot but the trigger.
Besides a truly drop safe pistol legitimizes mishandling, per Ron Cohen, SIG CEO. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
The frame mounted manual safety is redundant

Again, as stated in my initial post (and shown in the video in the OP), the G19X doesn't have a manual safety.

The original MHS version of the G19 did (as shown in the G19MHS photo I posted).

The presence/absence of the manual safety is the only obvious difference between the two models (besides the model designation rollmark on the slide).

quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Is that 1 notch rail typical of the civilian models?

Yes. Nearly all railed Glocks have that style rail, with a single notch. Glocks have had that style rail since the rail was introduced on the Gen 3s.

The only real exception is there were a small number of G21s that were produced with a true Picatinny rail with five slots, but those are uncommon. And they require a different holster than a standard G21, as a result of the difference in rail shape.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was hoping for a 19 frame with a 26 slide, maybe one day.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping for confirm of a 26 Gen5. A single stack P320’ish would be cool but not unless they take some width off the slide.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sort of a "Gen 5 G19 Carry". G19-length slide and barrel, with a G17-length grip.

Interesting. Did not know that.

Q

Posts: 26385 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the baby poop color though.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ziggy308
posted Hide Post
Yes a Glock with a safety that would be nice.

need to post picks for item up for sale

Posts: 566 | Location: lost in Illinois | Registered: March 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sort of a "Gen 5 G19 Carry"

Using the SIG model scheme, it would be more like a G17 Carry. Maybe a G19 "X"tra. Smile

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post