SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How would I go about ordering a P226 RX SAO slide to put on my legion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How would I go about ordering a P226 RX SAO slide to put on my legion? Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted
Is that something I could get directly from Sig? Would my favorite Sig dealer be able to order that for me? Or am I SOL unless there is someone that has the gun and wants to get rid of the topside?

Buying the whole gun and swapping slides is not a financial option.

Not 100% I want to do this yet but if I do decide to I'd like to know what direction I should be pointing.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I would call up SIG CS directly.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a good plan.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen them offer an RX slide for sale but you can always ask. Best option I would think is just have yours milled for an RMR and get a better optic in the bargain.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Actually called Sig today with almost the exact same question. I want an RX slide for my 226 to shoot carry optics if I want. Chris at Sig CS said a 226 RX exchange kit is coming , with slide,Romeo, and barrel. Cost and time is TBA. He took my name and number and said he will call when there is more info and so I could pre order. Give them a shout

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Good info. Was it a SAO slide you were asking about?

I wouldn't really need another barrel but I guess I might take what I can get.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
My buddy did call Sig and was quoted a tad over 400 for the complete top end. No slides only.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
^^^^ Good info. Was it a SAO slide you were asking about?

I wouldn't really need another barrel but I guess I might take what I can get.

I don't believe there is a SAO specific slide.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TightLines
posted Hide Post
Any news on this?

Posts: 102 | Location: United States | Registered: August 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I have a standard DA/SA P226R and I purchased a P226RX SAO with the idea that I could then swap slides around. Red dot, iron sights, SAO, DA/SA, whatever I want.

That way I can use the DA/SA frame with the RX slide for carry optics.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you didn't see the other thread, SIG is going to produce a P226 Legion SAO RX.

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...20-legion-10mm-more/

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TightLines
posted Hide Post
RC Fan - thanks for the link.

Hopefully they'll release a legion slide with RMR cut. Could possibly be cheaper than paying for a slide to be milled and recoated.

Posts: 102 | Location: United States | Registered: August 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't hold my breath for Sig to release slides cut for anything other than Romeo sights. Especially now that Springer Precision is making adapter plates.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig is offering a Legion RX CALX kit: http://www.osagecountyguns.com...9-bss-legion-rx.html

That should work on a SAO. We haven't heard of them offering any slides without the Romeo1 and have asked for the ability to buy them because we see demand.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post